Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 + T lots of questions...

hello everyone,
    ive decided to modestly turbo the b3 and make a custom air intake thru vaf maybe megasquirt down the line after i get it running well and wanna go faster...
    so ive just purchased a 2nd gen dsm t25 it was pretty cheap. anyone know if it is sizable compatible as i read t25 are small and its was close to the 9b 3000gt turbos and each spools 1.5 liters?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/250970365832
    my brother has a 91 talon tsi and alot of parts bigger turbos, wastegates intercollers, piping, lots of misc parts fittings and a welder.

so im not exactly sure what the stock ecu can handle, but im going to go for 6psi is this a good amount for the ecu to handle and to add say 20-30hp??

i know i need to run oil and water lines but is a intercooler necessary to start? and the exhaust is a straight pipe 1.5 inch does it need to be bigger and what kind of exhaust, glass pack combo is best?

do i need to get a air fuel ratio sensor wideband and gauge or will the stock ecu handle the low boost?

im not sure if i can open the flow on the ports myself ive read there 90 degree turns or how much a shop would charge. also if it would be cheaper to just swap a early b6 head(junkyard permitting) on it but ive heard that the block needs a little grinding to be proper?

anything im missing or overlooking? any ideas help is greatly appreciated.

im in olmstead falls ohio if anyone is nearby and would want some cash to help put it all together with me and help out. just a few hours ago i got the bid on my first house so end of next month we move in and i have a nice 2 car garage to work in.

thanks, Jesse

there was a guy on here a while ago who did this I believe, >5psi I believe was what the stock ecu handled
    Owner of:
    1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
    In progress:
    BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

You just need a fmu and bigger injectors. Just change the timing for more boost. Eurotiva ran this setup for awhile before he went Megasquirt. Intercooler isn't necessary. But the air from the turbo gets really hot and the more you can cool it before the intake the better. "tweak" uses meth injection to counter the heat and uses no intercooler. A good wide band will save your engine.
      Last edited by Flyin4stroke; 01-17-2012, 10:52 PM.
      1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Check out bustivas thread, he did it cheap and I think he said he was runnin like 8 psi or somethin.
        Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.

He also said he couldn't keep the clutch from slipping when he hit boost, so that may be an issue too.
        89 L, hopefully returning from the dead soon with a little more power... :twisted:
        http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...77-my-89-build
        92 integra, daily driver, broke a clutch disc, sold
        New dd, 02 Nissan sentra, 1.8 5 spd

Comment

So what i take is that the fmu has a pressure sensing fuel pressure booster thats adjustable 100-300$ and the megasquirt is a do it yourself programing sit with computer and tune like a power commander start off rich and tune down till its running right but the fmu actuallys increases gas by atmospheric pressure and runs stock elsewhere maybe simpler and efficient
          ... ideas thanks flying and bustivas my inspiration for this
          Thanks again for the help

Comment

Working...
          X