No announcement yet.

easy way to add more hp to my b3 motor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• easy way to add more hp to my b3 motor?

what is any good ways to add some hp to a b3
    ;
    www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
    rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
    http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
    '92 Festiva L M/T
    '93 Festiva GL A/T

Remove it. Replace with bigger engine
    Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
    88? Parts car-sold
    91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
    86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
    1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

Originally posted by gorgonheimer View Post
      Remove it. Replace with bigger engine
      Best idea.

But for now, do this.

Discuss making performance enhancements to the OEM-spec engine in your Festiva or Aspire.

Then free up the exhaust and add a couple of degrees more timing.

You won't get another 10 HP, but these mods will make a noticeable difference.
      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

+1: Advance timing; free up the exhaust by either coring out the cat or installing a cat-delete pipe; maybe get a less-restrictive muffler; and do the lower airbox mod. I think it is worth 10 HP or close to it (esp. if your cat is clogged), and you shouldn't lose fuel mileage if driven normally.

If you advance the timing, run premium gas (it's not all that expensive compared to regular anyway--about 6% more).
        90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
        09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

NOS
          -Greg
          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09
          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Fast and Furious much?
            Neil

Jesus loves me. This I know.

93 L track prep in progress
            88? Parts car-sold
            91 L B6-me f25mr-soon to be ???
            86 b2000- pisses of HOA-sold
            1997 k1500 suburban- kid hauler/GAS hog

Comment

more hp for b3

engine needs cat,for back pressure,if anything,put a fresh cat on. if u change exhaust,with a larger diameter pipe,u will lose hp. keep pipe diameter the same. a turbo muffler will help higher rpm,but not improve lower end. i use a turbo,on regular,long commutes. and this turbo,actually improves milege. forget a cold intake,it only sounds louder. dont bump up timing,itll affect drivability. i now use a stock oem muffler,with 2 inch inlet and outlet. stock,is 1 1/2 inch. . and lastly, i run middle octane gas,with 1/2 can per fill up,of fuel injection cleaner. . this advice, works. if its not broke,dont fix it. i know where you re at. ive tried it all,at one time,to soup a b3 up. leave it alone,and do what i said. over,and out. 2@

Comment

^ shut up. just stop talking.

the OP wants to know how to improove the output of the B3. none of what you have posted has contributed positively in any way to his endevor and i find that this is true on a majority of your posts, so STOP IT. that and the fact that your "information" is faulty at best. do your research FIRST before you say anything. you do more harm by giving misinformation than you do anything else.

there, i've said my peace, though it's been a long time comming.
                Last edited by FestYboy; 03-06-2012, 04:58 PM.
                Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by mattrhodes850 View Post
                  what is any good ways to add some hp to a b3
                  you'll want a new cam, larger valves, stand-alone management unit, pull the head and have it worked over and decked .020", adjustable cam gear, 2" exhaust (no need to go bigger as it wont' help), bigger intake runners.

the main issue is lack of air flow through the head, the B3 head just doesn't flow air, it was ment for efficiency and a flat torque curve down low. Matt Dickmayer did ALOT of work to his B3 to make the 110ish HP/TQ. essentially he took the B3 head and modded it to accept HUGE valves and worked the runners ALOT, then had to build an intake to match it.
                  Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                  94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
                    ^ shut up. just stop talking.

the OP wants to know how to improove the output of the B3. none of what you have posted has contributed positively in any way to his endevor and i find that this is true on a majority of your posts, so STOP IT. that and the fact that your "information" is faulty at best. do your research FIRST before you say anything. you do more harm by giving misinformation than you do anything else.

there, i've said my peace, though it's been a long time comming.
                    thanks,for criticism, OPINIONS VARY.

Comment

turbo
                      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

MORE hp

all the mods that have been posted,will improve performance,to a minute degree. festyboy,has the right ideas,u gotta rework whole engine,to really get any significant xtra hp. then you ve gotta change the induction/fuel system. festyboy is right on,no doubt. in order to prove,if you ve gained any hp,is to measure engine output,on a dynometer. its all very relative.good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by windy1 View Post
                          thanks,for criticism, OPINIONS VARY.
                          Is Windy1 Native American for "Full of hot air"? Jus curious & jus messing with you Dude.
                          Last edited by nitrofarm; 03-06-2012, 08:11 PM.
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                          X