i would like to request a sticky :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i would like to request a sticky :)

i think there should be a sticky for a simple turbo set-up. i know that its all custom but there has got to be a way for some of you way more experienced guys to do a write up sticky for the initial setup. vac lines, turbo placement, oil feed/return, different types materials needed... all the other things. i know some of you guys have done this so many times that you have it down to an art and have learned a few tricks to simplify things along the way. pics and diagrams greatly appreciated.

-thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
    i think there should be a sticky for a simple turbo set-up. i know that its all custom but there has got to be a way for some of you way more experienced guys to do a write up sticky for the initial setup. vac lines, turbo placement, oil feed/return, different types materials needed... all the other things. i know some of you guys have done this so many times that you have it down to an art and have learned a few tricks to simplify things along the way. pics and diagrams greatly appreciated.

-thanks
    I think this thread needs alot more "sticky" threads.

Ive alone posted pics of the most simple DIY turbo setup you can imagine on a b3, ive posted pics on how to make intercooler pipe ridges cheap, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
      I think this thread needs alot more "sticky" threads.

Ive alone posted pics of the most simple DIY turbo setup you can imagine on a b3, ive posted pics on how to make intercooler pipe ridges cheap, etc.
      seriously! can you post a link please? i tryed searching but just so much random stuff with the word "turbo" shows up and its so hard to weed through that i just give up

maybe the links that you post can get stickied.

greatly apreciated and ill search for your build
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

is this the thread

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
          Yes it is!

so simple.. egay t25 turbo elbow from s13, b6T turbo kit stuff, and a rrfpr

as for the manifold, aspire manifold with a T25 flange for $30

This would be a really reasonable, cheap, non hacked setup IMO.. i was going to do this but then i went twin cam

Comment

^ cool its good but it lacks details that noobs like me need and is needed for a sticky. here is what i would like to suggest for a sticky/writeup

materials for a bare minimum safe turbo set up.

(this is an example of what i mean not an actual list)

things you need:
            -turbo, flange
            -header
            -bov
            -wast gate (if not part of turbo unit)
            -fmu
            -aftermarket fuel pump
            -inter cooler
            -rad hose for ic/charge pipe
            -3 ft vac hose
            ......??????

diagram/pics of:

-vac hoses and where to run them (how to do it rite)
            -bov setup
            -ic options
            -oil feed/return (i know there are a few options here)
            .....??????

i know that there are different ways of doing this but just a sticky/writeup of one simple bare minimum setup. one for the b3/b6 and one for the bp

again i do understand that this is different for different setups and all but it would be cool to have something like this posted up for everyone.

Comment

Any thoughts? Anyone else want a t-charge sticky?

Comment

I think it'd definetley clear up any misconceptions and streamline some builds for people
                Owner of:
                1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
                In progress:
                BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

OHH! you kinda want an idea of how turbos work and what you need/need to do to make them work?

Best thing is honestly to just do some reading... are you a member of miataturbo.net? there is a good thread for the introduction of turbos it explains alot. I think this forum needs to do something like that to.

Bobbyspider, if you want PM me and i can help you with what you need.

Comment

^ I will pm you but I still want a sticky lol

Comment

Bare bones ghetto setup won't have an intercooler.

Drill and tap a 3/8" fitting into the pan, use trans hose for drain.

Put a threaded T fitting into the head where the sending unit is located, run a quality braided line from this fitting to the turbo feed.

Run the turbo off straight wastegate. Usually there's a nipple on the compressor housing, so just run a vacuum line from that to the wastegate.

Stock fuel pump supports enough fuel for a 130hp BP, so stick with it.

B6T fuel injectors, B6T fuel pressure regulator.

Voila! 100hp B3.
                      Last edited by DON SVO; 03-26-2012, 09:58 AM.
                      1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                      1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                      2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

Ill put pics up of what I have ready to roll. Im having trouble deciding what to boost first the camed b6 or bp. So I'll put some pics and list of what I have so maybe you guys could help me decide

Comment

Working...
                        X