Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trans Swap

Search was fruitless,
    Does any one have, or would like to compile a list of transmissions that have been swapped?
    Going old school...

89L Carby FIDO, previously owned by FestivaFred

There have been at least G5MR, G25MR, F5MR, and the Kia trans which I believe is also a G25MR but uses different axles (shadetree knows more about that one). And know there are two G4A-HL swaps in the works as well, one by me and one by Damkid but neither are underway yet (we do both have the transmissions though, they are BIG!). I'm sure thats not a complete list, but at least its a start

F5MR
    G5MR
    G25MR
    Rio G-series (00-02?)
    G4A-HL (4 speed auto, 88-89 323)
    Last edited by htchbck; 03-26-2012, 06:59 AM.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

I thought someone did the yota e153 transmission? Maybe that was cp.com?

^ also, 00-05 (first gen Rio 5 speed transmissions are the same) are NOT g series, my best guess is they're a cable clutch F series.

94-97 Kia Sephia's had a hydraulic clutch G series 5 speed, and alot of guys on cp.com have swapped and used these.
      Last edited by zoom zoom; 03-26-2012, 08:26 AM.
      2008 Kia Rio- new beater
      1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
      1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
      1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
      1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
      1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
      1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
      1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

^^ good to know!

and yes, the e153 pops up sometimes on CP, but unless I missed something it has yet to be done in a festiva, they are HUGE! As in, cutting frame huge!
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Is there any way of identifying a certain transmission? For instance, im after a G25MR. Let's say I go to the wreckers and ask for one. Is that code stamped on it somewhere?
          60% of the time it works, every time!

Comment

K24t or just k2 stamped on the sephia case, I'm not sure about the rest, I'll look at my g5mr tonite and see what it says...at least I think that's what I have.
            2008 Kia Rio- new beater
            1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
            1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
            1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
            1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
            1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
            1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
            1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
              I thought someone did the yota e153 transmission? Maybe that was cp.com?

^ also, 00-05 (first gen Rio 5 speed transmissions are the same) are NOT g series, my best guess is they're a cable clutch F series.

94-97 Kia Sephia's had a hydraulic clutch G series 5 speed, and alot of guys on cp.com have swapped and used these.
              When is it you came up with proof of this ? And how can u explain the same axle spline as a g series ? Are u saying this because they don't look the same ?
              New build on the way .

Comment

Working...
              X