Making a carb adapter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a carb adapter

Ok so my plan for my 88 carby since I can't seem to get the stock carb to run right I'm going to make an adapter to put on a carb that I have an abundance of is there any tips to making an adapter I plan on making it out ou steel as I have no way to work with aluminum any help would be great
    Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Which carb are you going to?

I want to make stock to weber 32/36 adapters. I can cast them & now I have a mill to correctly machine them

I need a set of gaskets to work from
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

I'm not sure I want something easier to tune I have a few carter 1bbls that I was thinking of trying simply for ease to tune a reliability
      Justin Craig Paola Kansas my 4 passions, demolition derby,Ford 2.3s, my festiva and my kids

Comment

welding

Just take the manifold in to an an aluminum welder and have hime build up a few bosses for the Weber. Then mill, drill, and tap the new bosses. In my opinion it will cost about the same as an adapter but will not affect any hood clearances or require double gaskets and fancy fingers to tighten the mounting bolts.

Comment

I have a 3236 on my 88. We used a 1" thick block of aluminum to make the adapter. We oriented the carb do that the throttle linkage is on the driver side and I took the cable wheel off the stock carb and installed it on the weber. I also made up 2 different air cleaners for it. The panel filter style works the best, but I also made a sealed box connected to a cold air intake, which could also be used for a blow through turbo setup

I believe my friend still has 2 3236's sitting on the shelf that he might sell if anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPhone via tapatalk

Comment

See that is the problem I can't find a weber so let me know if he wants to sell one and how much

Comment

I just got off the phone with my friend, he thinks he still has a 3236 laying around. He said he'd take $40 for it, but is unsure of the condition. He's gonna have to dig it up and see how it looks. He's also gonna take a look and see if he's got and aluminum left to make an adapter from. For mine we used a thick chunk of aluminum due to the bolt offsets.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocketman View Post
                I want to make stock to weber 32/36 adapters. I can cast them & now I have a mill to correctly machine them

^^^ I WANT!
                Dan

Red 1988 Festiva L - CUJO

Black 1992 Festiva GL Sport - BLACK MAGIC

I'm just...a little slow... sometimes:withstupid:

R.I.P.
                Blue 1972 Chevelle SS-468 C.I.D. B'nM TH400-4:56 posi-Black racing stripes-Black vinyl top-Black int.
                Black on black 1976 Camaro LT-350 4 bolt main .060 over
                Silver 1988 Festiva L

My Music!
                http://www.reverbnation.com/main/sea...t_songs/266647

Comment

Don't throw away that feedback carb!

Comment

If the feedback carb lands in the creek behind the shop
                    is that close enough??? Of course all petroleum products
                    will be stripped so that native minerals will be returned
                    to where they came from...earth!!!
                    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by rollertoaster View Post
                      I just got off the phone with my friend, he thinks he still has a 3236 laying around. He said he'd take $40 for it, but is unsure of the condition. He's gonna have to dig it up and see how it looks. He's also gonna take a look and see if he's got and aluminum left to make an adapter from. For mine we used a thick chunk of aluminum due to the bolt offsets.

Pm sent

Comment

Working...
                      X