1988 ford festiva l

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1988 ford festiva l

hey we have a 1988 ford festiva l with a 1.3L carborator engine and we were wondering if the transmission was a 4 speed. it seems like it CAN go into 5th gear, but the car does go into any crazy RPM's at 70mph. we already have the transmission out to replace it with the ford aspire transmission and other upgrades like suspension and stuff. but just wanted to know cuz i want to post if up for sale.

Should be a 4 speed. You were probably shifting back into third which would explain the high rpms.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
    The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

lol sorry meant to say doesnt go into crazy rmp's lol. but it should be a 4 speed?

Comment

Yes sir I don't know what year it switches for sure 1990? But, prior to 1990 and some 90's had 4 speeds.

or if you are lucky like me someone swaps in a 4 speed into your 91
        Nancy- 1.8L BP, aspire swap, g-trans
        The Adventures of Nancy! Build Thread

My Musica! Click me!

Comment

I've basically got the same car and if it is an L ten it is a 4 speed. And yes, it badly needs a 5th gear at highway speeds! Here is the link so you can double check behind me: http://web.archive.org/web/200102031...a/options.html
          Should have everything you need to know about it on there.
          88L - Awaiting bigger and better things
          92L - Dead and needs love - was DD
          91 - Shell with title
          92GL - receiving B8 Swap and will be DD

Comment

thanks we are putting a aspire transmission in it at the moment, and its going.... pretty.... smooth.

Comment

Working...
            X