X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2000 Chevy Metro Swap?

Anyone done it?

Motor is a 1.3 liter, I like OBDII.

If not possible I would consider upgrading the 1.3 liter in the 89 Festy I want to use the OBDII system. Cam and Crank sensor setups may take some thought but I see no reason this should not fly.

Originally posted by LordOfTheCars View Post
    Anyone done it?

Motor is a 1.3 liter, I like OBDII.

If not possible I would consider upgrading the 1.3 liter in the 89 Festy I want to use the OBDII system. Cam and Crank sensor setups may take some thought but I see no reason this should not fly.
    But why? Pointless swap. The Festy motor is more robust and non-interference, and the Festy trans is well-geared already. Plus you'd have to deal with Metro knuckles and steering pieces to mate them to the Festy. Tremendous amount of thought and labor for no real purpose.

If you want OBDII, get a 96-97 Aspire. You could retrofit all that stuff into a Festy I suppose, but again, why? Just swap in the electrics from a 90-93 Festy.

Edit: Welcome to the site; I don't mean to give you a hard time.
    Last edited by TominMO; 04-27-2012, 12:02 AM.
    90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
    09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

My goal is to do a swap that will leave me with a car that is easy to get parts for in a day.

I have 32 years in the mechanics bay and will be doing the work in a fully equiped shop and I have a machine shop at home.

Comment

Originally posted by LordOfTheCars View Post
        My goal is to do a swap that will leave me with a car that is easy to get parts for in a day.

I have 32 years in the mechanics bay and will be doing the work in a fully equiped shop and I have a machine shop at home.
        The newer metro's do have a more robust timing belt compared to our timing belts. The little turbo ones from old sprints were impressive motors.

As for new parts availability they seem about equal. Used parts I think
        we have them whipped because of the Mazdas and Aspires that interchange
        or upgrade so readily.

As for me I want to get away from cars-cars-cars and tow a recreational
        devise way out into nature to accomplish the escape. My Festiva does this
        little feat very well..a sprint would not. A metro..weak trans, But a turbo 1.0 ( not the bigger NA )
        in the Festy would be pretty good!!

If you do this start documenting with pics!!
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
        X