OK GUYS LOOK AND HELP??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK GUYS LOOK AND HELP??

So im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i have a question.....i picked up a 1.6 non turbo engine CHEAP!, and i want to do the swap, but has any one did a non turbo 1.6? looks like the most straightforward swap,,,,,, How did it run? was it super cool big difference??? i just think it would be neat to have more power.........any input would be great!!

Is it a sohc or dohc engine? And what car did it come from? I can't help you, but whoever does will need that information.. search feature is your friend, but I don't use it much either, too much reading involved and its almost always bad or misleading info for your application.
    2008 Kia Rio- new beater
    1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
    1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
    1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
    1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
    1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
    1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
    1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Originally posted by zoom zoom View Post
      Is it a sohc or dohc engine? And what car did it come from? I can't help you, but whoever does will need that information.. search feature is your friend, but I don't use it much either, too much reading involved and its almost always bad or misleading info for your application.
      Its a 91....1.6 dual cam from capri,, NOT TURBO

Comment

If it is a SOHC, it will be a straightforward swap. If it is a DOHC, you will need the wiring harness, so not so much an easy swap.
        The Festiva Store
        Specializing in restoration, tuning and custom parts.

Comment

Basically the same as swapping in a turbo B6T
          Brian
          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2274977

93 GL modyfied!!!
          :fish:

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            So im not sure if this is the right place to post this, but i have a question.....i picked up a 1.6 non turbo engine CHEAP!, and i want to do the swap, but has any one did a non turbo 1.6? looks like the most straightforward swap,,,,,, How did it run? was it super cool big difference??? i just think it would be neat to have more power.........any input would be great!!
            Easy swap, easier then a b6T if your willing to compromise.

b6k1 ecu, green top injectors, b3 dizzy, b3 throttle body, swap on the original festy trans +flywheel clutch and go to town my friend.

You will have to make 1 engine mount and its on the passenger side. The mount will be built just like a b6T swap.

Comment

Originally posted by festyfreak39 View Post
              Easy swap, easier then a b6T if your willing to compromise.

b6k1 ecu, green top injectors, b3 dizzy, b3 throttle body, swap on the original festy trans +flywheel clutch and go to town my friend.

You will have to make 1 engine mount and its on the passenger side. The mount will be built just like a b6T swap.
              THANKS!!

Comment

Working...
              X