b6 miata head on b6t?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6 miata head on b6t?

Will a b6 miata head directly swap and work onto a b6t from a 92 xr2 capri?

Im having trouble sourcing a running b6t head from an xr2 or gtx
    -93' Festiva L (B6T swap in progress)
    -92' XR2 Capri (Parts car)

There's one at the local junkyard. Price for a head is $65, so with shipping and my time you'll be in for about $125

Comment

I can go pull it sometime next week for you, if you'd like. I can also source any other parts you need at cost + shipping and time.

Comment

Gonna call the yard tomorrow to make sure it's still there and the condition, and I'll pull it sometime either Saturday or next week when I get a chance to drop my kid off somewhere (can't take a 3 year old to the junkyard. :/ )

Comment

yes it will work

Comment

It will work but you will need to stick a freezeplug in the Miata t-stat water port, the Miata routes coolant thru the t-belt portion of the head
            1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
            High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
            Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Do you plan on swapping the intake? if not you will be in trouble! the b6t has the injectors bungs in intake, the miata head has the injector bungs in the head, so you would need a intake, the miata intake wont fit and will hit the strut tower. you could try and source a mx3 intake which will work.

Comment

You could grab the head off a N/A Capri. I have a b6t head from my b6t that failed but everything looks okay,I don't know why it failed.
                91 Festiva BP Autocross/Track/Rallycross hopeful
                14 C7 Z51

Comment

As of now I have 2 options lined up if neither comes through, I would probably be interested in what you're talking about Grey Vw

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                    Do you plan on swapping the intake? if not you will be in trouble! the b6t has the injectors bungs in intake, the miata head has the injector bungs in the head, so you would need a intake, the miata intake wont fit and will hit the strut tower. you could try and source a mx3 intake which will work.
                    The 1.6 Miata has the injectors in the manifold, too. The 1.8L miata has the injectors in the head, like the other BP's.
                    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
                    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
                    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

My b6t has a Miata Head, and block, and pistons. It's all the same stuff (except the pistons give a little more squeeze and the cams have more overlap). 1 freeze plug and your good to go. Also, the Valve springs are different on a Miata and they have lighter valves too. It all interchanges though.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

awesome, thank you all for the information.
                        I found a full assembly b6 head on miataturbo.net for 120 shipped
                        definitely my 2nd favorite forum site under FF.com of course

Comment

What size of freeze plug did you guys use for the t-stat housing? I measured the hole and it has a 1 3/16" ID and I can't find any plugs that size.

Comment

try looking for a 30mm.
                            Jim DeAngelis

kittens give Morbo gas!!

Bright Blue 93 GL (1.6 8v, 5spd) (Hula-Baloo)
                            Performance Red 94 Aspire SE (Stimpson)

Comment

I also need new valve cover grommets, is there any alternative or should I just order new grommets?

Comment

Working...
                              X