New Cold Air Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Cold Air Intake

I finally made the set-up for the CAI and it runs but it runs rough on the idle even when warm. Definite difference in horsepower. Do I need to tune it up now and just how difficult would that be for an amateur mechanic to do so. I know nothing of fuel injected vehicles, last car I owned was a 65 Valiant.

Make sure the mass airflow sensor is plugged in and isn't obstructed from the airflow coming from the filter.
    The Cow Says: Moo

Comment

It is plugged in and out of the way. It is running a little better 3 days after the install but it is still running a little rough during idle.

Comment

I removed the small intake resonater on top of the valve cover right before the throttlebody, i plugged it with an empty film canister wich fits perfectly, made my car idle rough so i reinstalled it, i also drilled out the air box, wich makes the intake allot louder.
        1989 Miitsubishi Mirage turbo RS, 4G61T, smic, 3"S.S. 13g, EBC,
        89 LX carb Festy, 5spd, 106xxxkms, 2nd owner.

........Let boost be with you
        and bring some timing too........

Comment

I did notice an increase in volume but I thought maybe I had punched a hole in my muffler. It still runs rough first thing in the morn but does run a little better after a good run but I'm still thinking I need to do my plugs and wires and cap. Is this real hard/difficult. I have never tuned up anything with fuel inject.

Comment

make sure all your vacume lines are hooked up right and not leaking, a slight vacume leak will make it idle like poo, mine does it now because the brake booster is leaking a bit

Comment

Working...
            X