upgrading clutch disk but not PP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upgrading clutch disk but not PP?

my clutch disk got soaked in oil and i need to replace it. im gonna order a new disk from spec. i noticed the stage 3 disk is the same price as the stage 2 disk that i have now. my clutch disk got soaked in oil and i need to replace it. im gonna order a new disk from spec. i noticed the stage 3 disk is the same price as the stage 2 disk that i have now. the stage three is a 6 puck carbon semi metallic disk and the stage 2 is a pure kevlar disk.

anyone have any good reason why i shouldnt upgrade?

driveability.... that carbon unit is gonna grab HARD, where the kevlar unit should be easier off the line but still hold.

why not bring the oiled unit to the shop and we can hit it with the Ozzy juice and brakeclean? get you back on the road until you decide which clutch you want to use.
    Last edited by FestYboy; 05-29-2012, 06:26 PM.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

If you have a lighter pressure plate the 6 pucks can still be reasonably drivable.
      89 Festiva L Carby 4 Speed... RIP. Evicted and Scrapped. I HATE MY FAMILY
      94 aspire 3 door Red -- Former BP, V6 KLDE swap underway! RIP... Rotted and Flooded out...
      2012 Mazda 2 Touring 5 Speed... It's Very, Very, Very green... Daily Driver
      1964 Barracuda 360 V8 Push Button 904 Auto, New Money Pit

Facebook Me!

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
        driveability.... that carbon unit is gonna grab HARD, where the kevlar unit should be easier off the line but still hold.

why not bring the oiled unit to the shop and we can hit it with the Ozzy juice and brakeclean? get you back on the road until you decide which clutch you want to use.
        i kinda want to have a new clutch ready to go so i can pull it out and put it back together pretty quick. im worried that it will still slip if we dont get it clean enough. i have to dissasemble half the car to take the tranny out lol. if im gonna do it, i wanna do it right.

i dont mind how the 6 pucks grab. i just didnt know how it will work with a light pp

Comment

You might want to get a new flywheel too if you want to do it quick. The local machine shop here can usually resurface a flywheel or rotors in a couple hours if you tell them your in a hurry, but it's hit or miss wether they're swamped at the time or not.
          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Working...
          X