b6t injectors on a bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6t injectors on a bp

i traded chris some parts for a set of b6t injectors. i got the correct pigtails from rocketman. so i wired them up taking my time and shrink tubing them and everything to make them look nice bla bla bla. i install them and the car fires up with no leaks and im happy. i pull out of the garage and go to drive it... good but..... when i open her up she feels like crap and pops between gears what did i do wrong. did i wire them backwards, is one not working,... someone told me that its running too rich because the n/a motor is not tuned for the bigger injectors. i dont know what to do and any help would be apreciated. -thanks
    -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
    -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

What ECU are you running? Did you just install B6T injectors on an otherwise stock BP?
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

running the stock bp comp and yea the bp is pretty stock aside from underdrive pully, intake and pacesetter. should i not have done that?
      -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
      -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Yeah, should not have done that. No need for larger injectors until you are boosted or serious n/a build. The stock ECU cannot compensate for larger injectors, nor will the extra fuel give you any more power...it's the airflow that gives you power. So it's running pig rich at the moment. I thought you had gone to a basic turbo setup

Rocketchips!

Comment

:tard: yup , thought so. I feel super embarrassed

Comment

Originally posted by bobbyspider View Post
            :tard: yup , thought so. I feel super embarrassed
            Don't, just learn from your mistake.

Comment

Could you get a larger TB and high performance cams? Open up the air box?

I mean I don't know. It doesn't sound like a dumb thing to try.
              '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Adjustable FPR and lower the pressure from stock. Then you're set for the future too.
                Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

I don't think it will work still. I'll keep them around though because I'm going down to reuwrecteds sometime this summer. I'll just have to go to the jy and get agood stock injector and maybe some longer pigtails now since I cut mine alittle short that was the whole reason I got these because 1 of mine went was cracked and leaked. I stupidly thought i could just upgrade , ohh well at least I have them and will use them when I boost

Comment

Originally posted by sketchman View Post
                    Adjustable FPR and lower the pressure from stock. Then you're set for the future too.
                    Sorry that last post was not in response to this. For real Will this work?

Comment

That will work, yes. you lower the pressure, lowers their effective flow rate back to stock. Can't go too low or the injectors wont flow right, bit should not be an issue to go from 300cc to 260 or whatever the BP inectores are

Rocketchips!

Comment

^ you got one to sell

Comment

Eeebay!

Look for miata fpr
                          2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                          1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                          1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                          1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                          1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                          1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                          1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                          1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

B&M makes a cheap adjustable FPR kit that probably fits on our stock FPR. It's like $40, but it's made for Honda. They look about the same size, though.

Comment

Yeah, you will want to go to eBay or some other tuner store for an adjustable FPR

Rocketchips!

Comment

Working...
                              X