bottom end

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Christ View Post
    In contention to that, I feel that I have to mention this simple fact: The B3, despite it's shortcomings, is still "just an engine". If there's anything you want to do with it, the 3 rules still apply - Fast, Cheap, and Easy. You only get to pick two.
    Those three rules apply to CARS?? :p
    Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

who could xplain it better than u,have?

Comment

its just an engine,right. not to be abused. treat her gently,and she,ll purr.

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          that's much clearer, thank you.

BUT, i have this to offer: while attempting to alieviate (sp) Caety's aspire's lack of power, i happend to mess with the cam timing +/- 1 tooth (on the cam). in either position i noticed no change in idle quality and no noticeable change in throttle response (unloaded). on the other side to that observation, last spring Ohio, Willie was complaining of a lack of power in his Aqua auto. i corrected the skipped tooth on the cam timing and the engine woke up. i'm surmising that the Aspire "tune" is much more conservative than the festiva "tune" and is the sole reason i didn't notice any change with the aspire...???? (maybe)
          Good question...I suppose the Aspire cam being a roller design might have something to do with it. The valve events are probably different as well. Was the Aspire MAF? Just guessing.
          Sometimes being off 1 or 2 teeth is hard to notice on some engines. A friend of mine who runs a shop told me that the majority of Chrysler 2.2 engines that come in the door are off by a few teeth, if they ever had the belt replaced. Of course, that was back in the 1990's, LOL.
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
          62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
          Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

^Aspire is MAF, yes.
            Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
            91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
            X