No announcement yet.

benefit of porting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually had my b3 head fully ported, bigger valves and stiffer springs put in by Matt Dickmeyer. He did a lot of work porting and flow testing his original head so I think the port work should work well with the future plans I have. I just got the short block together so it should be running in the next few weeks.

Sorry if I thread jacked.

Comment

If Matt did it, it will be right. I was never sure if he has his own flow bench, or just access to one. I'd love to see the flow numbers if he provided them.
      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

Originally posted by blkfordsedan View Post
        If Matt did it, it will be right. I was never sure if he has his own flow bench, or just access to one. I'd love to see the flow numbers if he provided them.
        As a matter of fact, he did! ( I think you asked before. I'm sorry, but I forgot.)

Numbers are in CFM:

Intake: 124 CFM @ .500 lift

Exhaust: 82 CFM @ .500 lift

Note: this is after porting and he didn't provide pre port numbers to compare.

Greg
        Last edited by gergorian; 06-10-2012, 01:06 AM.

Comment

what did u,do to short block? id like to know about improvements in performance,or gas milege i used to to head work,on datsun engines.festys seem more sensitive to any changes,by far,than datsuns. whatever happened to Dickmeyer?

Comment

Originally posted by windy1 View Post
            what did u,do to short block? id like to know about improvements in performance,or gas milege i used to to head work,on datsun engines.festys seem more sensitive to any changes,by far,than datsuns. whatever happened to Dickmeyer?
            I had the block freshened up, bored .030 over. As with Matt, I wont get into details. If you search you should be able to get the full story ( That's how I found out).

Not trying to thread jack. Windy, I have a progress writeup in the garage if you want to know more about mine.

Greg

Comment

Did he provide any other numbers, like flow at .100, .200, .300, etc.?
              The .500" flow is great, but doesn't really give an indication of how the head performs. Also, since the stock cam is well below .500" lift, the flow at .500" is irrelavent.
              Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
              04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
              62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
              Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

No, he didn't provide any other numbers. I can try to get hold of him to see if he has some more numbers.

Comment

wanna pick your brain and follow same parameters,u have with bottom end. whatever info,u can give me,with your garage write up would be appreciated.

Comment

Nothing special with the bottom end. Just freshened up and new bearings all around.

Comment

Working...
                    X