Shifter dimensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter dimensions

Anyone have a shifter out that they can measure the ball diameter for me?

Prefer to have Civic and Festiva/Aspire OEM so I can have an upper and lower range for comparison purposes.

I also need the length above and below the ball.

Above to the tip minus the knob, and below to the centerline of the bearing/bushing hole.

If nobody has a stock Civic unit for those measurements, the eBay shifters will do.

I have a stock Civic sitting side by side with stock Festiva unit here on my desk. But i can't do pics yet, on my new/used computer. No spell check either. It may be a couple of days.

The ball diameter is an elusive measurement, because neither one is truely spherical.

I'll post your lengths from the centerline of the ball.
    '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

From CL of ball to CL of bolt: 1 13/16" Civic, 2 5/16" Festiva

Civic ball is 1 3/8" diameter at CL
      Festiva ball is 1 17/64" diameter at CL

CL of ball to tip of lever, measured straight, not allowing for the bends: 11 1/8" Civic, 12 9/16" Festiva
      '88 Festiva L, stock carby engine (with exhaust upgrade), 4 speed tranny. Aspire Struts and Springs, Capri 14" wheels, interior gutted, battery in back

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Stock Festiva shifter is 5.43 ratio
        Stock Civic shifter is 3.06 ratio.

This represents a 44% reduction in throw, just going to the Civic OE shifter.

Anyone got the eBay Civic shorty handy?

Im going to be making a chart soonish of upper and lower lengths, overall ratio, and % reduction from Festiva OE.

Could also use measurements from anything else that is a easyish swap in.

Comment

eBay Civic shorty by JDM:

2 5/8" CL of ball to CL of bolt

8 7/8" CL of ball to tip, measured straight.

'92 Geo Metro XFi

'87 Suzuki Samurai

'85 F150, modded 300cid

Comment

Working...
          X