Suzuki Swift clutch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Swift clutch

Sorry if this is in the wrong section, if it is just move it.

I have one simple question. Does anybody know if there is a writeup of how to do the Suzuki Swift clutch mod for the Festiva?

I have been searching for the last hr and a half and for the life of me I cannot find it.

I know about clutchnet but I dont want to spend over 300 dollars on a clutch. A friend of mine had a bridgeport and a lathe so the machine work might cost me 20 bucks and a case of beer. ( to be enjoyed after the machine work of course)

Thanks for the help!

Greg

I have a complete centerforce suzuki swift clutch used for 500km for 100.00 if you are interested

Comment

That would be great, if I could find out what exactly need to be done to get it to fit.

Comment

Anyone else have some input on the Swift clutch mod? I just purchased a Spec Clutches Stage 1 clutch....and what do ya know...Its a swift pressure plate. Not the Festiva that Spec claims on their website. Numbers match so I know it wasn't an accidental parts swap.
        '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Got this info from Eurotiva...Thanks man!

The suzuki swift clutch mod...........

It works with the E series ONLY !!!

1. You have to have the flywheel machined completely flat (no more step)

2. You have to grind on the inside of the bellhousing in some spots, mainly close to the starter, and the nose of the starter

3. The flywheel has to have new bolt and guide pin holes drilled.

The festiva and geo metro have the same input shaft diameter and # of splines.

The swift clutch works very well, but will give someone the ability to break the trans easier.

If anyone has ?s on this I have done it and will be glad to help.

It has a 8 inch clutch instead of the festy's 7.125 inch
          '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

Working...
          X