Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Relevant Vehicle Transmission + Axle Dimensions

Hey,

My bro (jfro) and I took some time to make a graph from the data on Rockauto to help us troubleshoot axle problems with some possible swaps we were thinking of doing. I thought this data might help everyone out though so here it is! (This is Rockauto info and I cannot confirm this data personally). Let me know if you want me to look up any other cars or have any feedback.
    You can also find a link to the PDF here:

I'm not, so far, become a hybrid builder (except for the wonderful Aspire fixins under my Festy) but what you have researched here and offered to this site should be 'stickied' somewhere prominent for serious swappers. Well done and thank you.

Comment

Before it gets stickied to the bowels of History, the Rio years on the graph are 1990-92, should be 2000-02 I believe, Nice helpful graph though, quick reference ease is nice once in awhile.
      Owner of:
      1991 Red Festiva L, 5 speed (Swagger Wagon)
      In progress:
      BP+G25MR swap, Kia rio axles hopefully.

Comment

Thanks for the catch! I fixed it.
        Also all the axles are measured when the axle is fully compressed.

Comment

Spread sheets!!! there are a couple of us that dig comparative data in spread sheets!! Well done! I will be looking at automatic info shortly.
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

nifty!
            1988 Mazda 121DA canvas top
            -73hp B3 multiport EFI swap
            -KYB SS w/ Eibach -35mm / FMS HD rubber suspension parts

Comment

I think the 1990-1994 Protege was (also) available with the sohc B8-ME, F series tranny, don't know what size axles.

Comment

was it b8-me or just a b8? they definately have a 1.8 sohc with f series, my neighbor has one.

tags added, someone else has posted a very similar spreadsheet just like this one, but you can't have too much info! Nice work on that.

We need the lengths of the capri jackshaft, I've got one laying around, but I don't know where to measure to/from on it.
                Last edited by zoom zoom; 08-14-2012, 01:16 PM.
                2008 Kia Rio- new beater
                1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
                1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
                1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
                1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
                1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
                1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
                1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

Got the "-me" off of a Wikipedia article. Is the difference 8v vs 16v?

Comment

the US only got the B8-ME (16v SOHC).

Afro, what is the (HS) in the graph?
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

You missed the N/A (non turbo) Capri. It's probably the same as the '86 - '89 323.
                      Festiva: Because even my dog can build a Honda.
                      ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

'90 L. B8ME/Kia Rio 5 speed. Rio/Aspire suspension swap. :-D
                      '81 Mustang. Inline 6, Automatic.
                      '95 Eagle Summit Wagon. 4G64 Powered.

Comment

HS is the half shaft (not including the jackshaft). And to note: all half shaft spline counts include the 2 missing for the alignment (eg: 26 spline count on a HS shaft is 24 splines + 2 missing splines).

It's hard to get jackshaft lengths as some of them are no longer produced, so someone with one in stock would have to measure it up.

And you are absolutely right JPT, the N/A Capri has the EXACT same spline count and axle lengths as the '86 - '89 323.

Comment

The Aspire LH axle isnt 24",I know this cuz I've measured them. They are 24-1/8".
                          Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                          Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                          Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
                          X