Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

REmounting my transmission, where did the whole go!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REmounting my transmission, where did the whole go!

I am trying to bolt the rear transmission mount back inplace, but I can't find the whole:-) This should explain what I mean.

The rear transmission mount, It had one bolt going through the cross memeber into it right?

The reason I ask is I know I took a bolt out of it, in the same spot im trying to put it in, but I can't seem to find a hole in the rubber where it should be.

There is a square nub on the rubber that lines up with the square hole on the cross member, and right below it there is a circle indent in the rubber, that lines up with the circle hole in the cross member I took the bolt out. BUT NO HOLE? Did I forget something from when I took it out? I don't know whats going on.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Logan

Your mount is broken. The "bolt" should be molded into the base of the mount so when you install the mount, the bolt goes down through the hole in the crossmember and you put a nut on it from underneath. Go to the Advance Auto site and look up a transmission mount for your car. They have a picture of it showing the bolt sticking out of the mount.
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
    X