Speedometer gears

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speedometer gears

Festy speedo gears for MTX (manual tranny) and ATX (auto tranny) are interchangeable and are also the same (with regard to fit) as an Aspire MTX gear. The ATX Aspire speedo gear, on the other hand, is not compatible with any of these: the stem is too long to retrofit in any Festy.

Aspire nylon gear wheel for MTX is white and has 21 teeth, ATX gear wheel is blue and has 21 teeth. Unlike many domestic cars (older Chevys, Dodges and Fords) the gear wheels are not disassemble-able nor are different tooth count wheels available.

Can someone with a spare speedo gear kicking around confirm how many teeth are on Festy wheels? The reason I'm curious is if the tooth count is different it may allow Aspire wheel and brake swappers to calibrate their speedometers.

In the same vein can anyone with experience with other Mazda transmissions shed some light on compatibility of other speedo gears for Festy applications?

Thanks.

I don't know, but I'm with you on this.
    1963 Fairlane - future NSS drag car
    1965 Mustang Coupe - A-code car, restoring for/with my son
    1973 F100 longbed - only 22k original miles, 360/auto, disk, PS/PB dealer in dash A/C
    1996 Sonoma X-cab - son's DD
    2002 Grand Prix - daughter's DD
    2003 Sport Trac - 180k, 130k on replaced motor with new timing chains - F/S soon.
    2005 Accord - wife's DD
    2008 Mountaineer - step daughter's DD
    2015 F150 SCrew - DD

Comment

I just replaced the speedometer gear in my 1990 Festiva MX with one thats identical from a 1996 Aspire MX... they were exactly the same. (Only the aspire one came out without me having to fight it for hours!)

Http://www.Youtube.com/TheresGabe

1991 Festiva L Red: Daily Driver
      1990 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1988 Festiva L Silver: R.I.P.
      1991 Festiva L Red B6T: R.I.P.
      1989 Festiva L White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 2-door White: R.I.P.
      1995 Aspire 4-door Red: R.I.P.

Comment

Working...
      X