Aftermarket Radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Radiator

Anyone ever installed an aftermarket radiator from another car into a Festiva? I want to move up to a nice aluminium 3 core radiator.
    '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

I have a perfectly good B3-engine OEM aluminum rad from a 97 Aspire. It's almost twice the size of a Festy rad. How much cooling do you need, or is it mostly looks you're after?

Comment

Yes the ATX Aspire units are money.
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Yeah I'm going for looks and function. Something like this...

'93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

^ the civic rads fit good

you gotta weld the bottom outlet shut and move it to the side, if you look close you can see the patch welded over where the factory civic outlet is...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
          1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

x2 on the civic rad !! Ebay like 75 bucks comes with slim fan as well ...
            New build on the way .

Comment

stock del sol/civic works like a charm! custom end tank

Comment

So your sayin a del sol radiator can work with no cuttin of the rad??
                Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
                Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
                AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

Comment

you have to modify the bottom. The bottom piece was fabricated, but thats a little over kill. get a ebay radiator, cut the outlet off. seal the hole and relocate it to the side.

Comment

I'm using a 92-95 civic rad with the lower outlet welded on the side instead of pointing toward the engine.
                    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

I'm actually using the same civic radiator in original (2 core aluminum) configuration. I had to relocate the mounting points on top on my custom box tube lower core support, and 2-piece the lower hose. It was a little tricky, but its working great.
                      Im not driving a Festiva because I'm poor. I drive a Festiva because i want to!

Dennis
                      93 L Advancedynamics suspension mod, awaiting B6 swap
                      91 GL B6 sohc, currently in the hands of DAE undergoing top secret work. Soon to be cable G, with stage 3 F1 Kevlar clutch... To be continued
                      93 GL In progress BP/hydro G
                      15 Mitsubishi Mirage daily
                      88 Dakota tow pig

Comment

I like my stock rad...bolts right up...hoses line up too...
                        -Greg
                        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                        Redneck Engineer
                        FOTY - '09
                        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I have a VW rad

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Mines Porsche.
                            1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

I already commented in this thread and commented again..can you say post whore? Haha
                              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
                              X