IAT fooling resistor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAT fooling resistor question

I see these resistors on ebay that claim a 18 hp boost. I was wondering if these are safe/usefull. I assume that when it's not 51 degrees out the fuel economy will suffer, but what else will? Also, im sure the resistors cost less than a dollar. If it is usefull, what resistor is it? If anything ill sell a few on ebay to make some easy bling!
    Froggy in the meadow, under the log. BIG JILM!

It isn't worth it. The hp gains are negligable, and it will hurt your fuel economy as the engine will always run rich.
    OX SMASH!!

Comment

thats what i thought... Altho they cant cost that much, so I think I might buy a bunch and sell them to suckers on ebay
      Froggy in the meadow, under the log. BIG JILM!

Comment

Ok so you're going to buy a bunch of them and then *try* to sell them on EBay... so really, whose the sucker?
        * Retired Festiva-er*
        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
        B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

MAN, YOUR A REAL PIECE OF WORK (dyflon)- It's bad enough that poeple already sell that crap. We just tell you it is garbage and now that YOU KNOW it can hurt or damage someones ride - your still going to sell them and F*ck someone over? That just shows how little character you have. I hope I don't ever meet you in person. How do you sleep at night?
          HENRY
          Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

^ Just let him do what he wants... as the saying goes "what goes around, comes around". Let karma take care of him.

He won't sell any of them anyways...
            * Retired Festiva-er*
            1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
            B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Honestly, the most damage you'd do to your car is screw up the IAT with some bad soldering.

Someone who is stupid enough to buy one of those without asking first probably shouldn't be working on their car anyway. This is a much cheaper way for them to learn the painful way than installing a shitty turbo and blowing the engine.
              OX SMASH!!

Comment

there is a sucker born every second

gee, i am having the strangest case of de-ja vu

Comment

Working...
                X