B3 to B6 Crankshaft swap??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B3 to B6 Crankshaft swap??

I have ran the searches and have found a bit of info on putting a B3 crank in an early B6.

From what I seem to be finding it appears they are the same?
    Can anyone say for sure if they will swap?
    Hotrod Forums Directory * D&D Discbrakes 61-67 Econoline Conversions
    1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

From what I understnd, they are the same stroke and same main journal diameters, but the rod journals are different. You would have to use the B3 rods, which are longer. That would in turn require custom made pistons. Lots of money for no real advantage....unless you are trying to build a "long rod" motor. I have never tore down a B3 to confirm any of this, but measurements of journal dimeters and pistons that I can find in manuals all seem to confirm this.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

cool, thanks for the info.
      I figured it wouldn't be as simple as it sounded.

Not trying to build anything exotic, just wanting my B6 back in the car.
      Used ones around here are hard to find and expensive.
      1988 Festy - white 5spd 1.3 * 1992 Festy - red 5spd 1.3 * 1963 Econoline 5 window pu * 1993 Dodge W250 5.9 Cummings * 94 Mustang

Comment

I have a freshly ground b6 crank with Clevite bearings to match the grind (rods and mains). I'll sell the crank and bearings for 200 shipped if your interested. Also have new Clevite oversized pistons for the B6 as well that I'd sell, they come with pins but no rings I'll sell them for 100 shipped.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
          I have a freshly ground b6 crank with Clevite bearings to match the grind (rods and mains). I'll sell the crank and bearings for 200 shipped if your interested. Also have new Clevite oversized pistons for the B6 as well that I'd sell, they come with pins but no rings I'll sell them for 100 shipped.

PM Sent

Comment

Working...
          X