exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust

What's a nice sounding exhaust or catback for the efi motor?

First festiva I had I just took the muffler off and it sounded really nice
    any specific brand or model muffler that would sound good on the 1.3 efi festiva?

thrush turbo II with a cherry bomb for a resonator on a 2" OD exhaust.
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

I like garrett mufflers....and they sound great....sorry i had too

-Greg
      Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
      BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
      Redneck Engineer
      FOTY - '09
      5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

His muffler has a whirligig in it!
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

It does look confusing...
          -Greg
          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
          Redneck Engineer
          FOTY - '09

Comment

I see a soot filter like the new diesels have!!!
            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

its interesting, with the rear turbo you'd think that there would be too much travel to get to the engine so it wouldnt have the fullest strongest effect of the forced induction... yet its the 4th fastest festy... pretty sweet

Comment

Thanks. Everyone said it wouldn't, couldn't, shouldn't work. haha

It works so good it surprizes people and make them believers.
                -Greg
                Redneck Engineer
                FOTY - '09

Comment

well, the weight aspect also help a lot as well lol these things are soo light if someone blew air on the hatch while your racing youd probably cut the time down by .84 seconds lol

Comment

I've been building rear mounted turbo systems for about a decade. Built this one in 2006.

I have total faith in them, they work great! Every time I see pictures of Greg's car it reminds me of a Porsche or VW. Turbo hanging out the back and fast as hell! Lol
                    Last edited by Advancedynamix; 09-06-2012, 01:16 AM.
                    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

that set up is nuts!! what car is that? looks like a porsche

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                        drool
                        Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
                        Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
                        "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

It's a 911.

Comment

3.3l 930 (911 turbo). It's a club race car in Canada. That was a 600hp car, one of the lowest HP Porsche setups I built.

Comment

Originally posted by bmun90 View Post
                              its interesting, with the rear turbo you'd think that there would be too much travel to get to the engine so it wouldnt have the fullest strongest effect of the forced induction... yet its the 4th fastest festy... pretty sweet
                              The return pipe to the front acts as an intercooler. As long as the pipe isn't too large, you will have good air speed too.
                              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
                              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
                              X