b6t coolant routing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b6t coolant routing

Hey guys i just got my miata head back from BogusSvo, I plan on assembling it hopefully this weekend. I dont remeber how the cooling system was plumbed! those running a b6t did you use the festiva tstat housing or the stock b6t? Are you guys running the oil cooler by the filter or did you bypass it? Is there any benefit to running that cooler or just deleting it? I thought some one said the hot coolant doesnt help any? what lines where ran to the heater core? Maybe ill remember when i get it all in front of me. Any pictures would greatly be appreciated!`

Use the pictures on my website as a reference:

mercury, capri, xr2, capri xr2, mercury capri, mercury capri xr2, xr2 performance, mods

"Capri Progress" pages #1, 2, 3 will be the most help for you.
    1991 Mercury Capri XR2 "GTXR2" BPT Swapped AWD Conversion

Rocketchips!
    High Flow B3/B6/BP VAF Adapters for sale!
    Bolt-on Weber Carb Adapters!

Comment

Oil cooler deleted

Miata intake, drilled tapped 3/4" Barbed fitting

Stock Festy thermostat.
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

The oil cooler is more to allow the engine to warm up and cool down evenly as it transfers oil heat to the engine coolant. It's more important in severely cold climates than severely hot ones.
        I have an external oil cooler. Capri T stat housing, dual stage tstat. Festiva heater hoses, Capri top rad hose to custom radiator, 323gtx lower rad hose to coupler to focus lower rad hose to radiator. If your using a festiva radiator use festiva housing and water pump inlet.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

im using a Civic modified radiator.

Comment

M3nTAL has a civic rad. We used all stock b3 pieces on his.
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
            X