Shifter hookup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shifter hookup

I have brought upon my self a devilish task of swappinf my 91 auto to a standard tranny from an aspire and not completly sure how to hook up the sbhifter can anyone enlighten me?
    ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

92 silver 5spd with some boost! Kratos

As far as it lining up goes.
    ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

Comment

Assuming you have a manual transmission and a manual shifter, there are three shoulder bolts, six bushings and three nylock nuts that you will need to bolt the shifter to the transmission.
      Last edited by bravekozak; 09-26-2012, 10:23 AM.

Comment

You will need to get a shifter assembly from a manual festiva. The Aspire ones are not compatible... too long IIRC
        No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

You are a devil for punishment! Hopefully all that fussing around will be worth it. I do know I like my manuals and have relegated the auto to spare status.

Comment

We've all been there. I have a nice auto, that i would love to convert, just can't do it.

I'll be glad to take pics of this linkage as it comes out of my parts car. Might be a few days before i get to take it out.
            -Greg
            Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
            BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
            Redneck Engineer
            FOTY - '09
            5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

^^^^ thats cool man I apreciate it!euro did u get my last message? I can never tell when it actually sent mymessaging doesnt always work on he.re. My #is 2079300399
              ReD 91 L FIRSTiva

Comment

Working...
              X