All Motor Bp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All Motor Bp

Has anyone ran a all motor bp that is built? or even slightly built like bolt ons? I wanted to keep my bp all motor and thought it would be cool if I knew more about it. 1/4 mile times would be sick too? other than the top ten

I'd recommend hanging out with the Miata boys on this one, as the high compression pistons and big cams that you'd want for the FWD motor would both be sourced from Miata parts manufacturers.
    1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Originally posted by Aaronbrook37 View Post
      I'd recommend hanging out with the Miata boys on this one, as the high compression pistons and big cams that you'd want for the FWD motor would both be sourced from Miata parts manufacturers.
      Alright thanks man! Ill check it out!

Comment

99 miata head, itbs, cams, exhaust, Hi comp pistons, etc. It'll get down lol. Mainly from the weight reduction in your wallet.
        '93 BP-T 57trim TO4E - Coilovers - 13x7 steelies - 175/60 - 48k mi

Comment

^ Don't forget standalone!

Comment

Spray it, all the cool kids use two big bottles.
            1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
            1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
            2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

what is this? "all motor bp that is built"

Comment

I have a bone stock bp with 4 speed f series trans stock rims and suspension and i ran 9.94 in the 1/8 mile.
                93 festy bp swap f series trans.

Comment

Originally posted by qroger View Post
                  what is this? "all motor bp that is built"
                  Not boosted.
                  youtube.com/neanderpaul 88 festiva LX w/BP G25 MR 5 speed waiting for wiring- 93 Festiva GL auto w/ air, waiting for B6t/G4A-HL - 98 Nissan Quest - 02 Mazda protege 5 wife's DD

Comment

Originally posted by BUSTIVA View Post
                    99 miata head, itbs, cams, exhaust, Hi comp pistons, etc. It'll get down lol. Mainly from the weight reduction in your wallet.
                    lol man so true. that sucks I just want a bp that runs low 14's even high 13's if possible without any juice or boost thats not to expensive. I like the sound of allmotor. I guess that miata head would work good tho. What you got running in your car? Your car is amazing man! I wanna try get it that low and fit 14x7's. hella flush is big here in hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
                      Spray it, all the cool kids use two big bottles.
                      What you think 75 shot would make it run?

Comment

Originally posted by gmiller123 View Post
                        I have a bone stock bp with 4 speed f series trans stock rims and suspension and i ran 9.94 in the 1/8 mile.
                        hows that 4 speed? what car you get that from?

Comment

Originally posted by bondo View Post
                          What you think 75 shot would make it run?
                          Use a progressive RPM-dependent controller wired to the TPS, start with a 75hp nitrous pill and a 100hp fuel pill and the second stage being another 75hp nitrous pill and a 75hp fuel pill. Watch out for your intake welds.
                          1989 Carby L: Stock. Slow.
                          1998 Mustang Cobra: ported heads, cams, longtubes, 4.30 gears
                          2016 Focus ST: daily driven go-kart

Comment

You know, Bondo, you may be better off with a low-boost turbo setup. Derailling this thread a little bit, but I did more reading on the Miata forums. It looks like even the highest flowing of Miata's struggle with putting out 160WHP for cheap. If you really want to run 14s or 13s, you're going to have to fork out probably 3-4 thousand dollars (saying nothing of Hawaiian shipping) for the following:

1. 11:1 pistons and some sort of forged rod would be a grand minimum
                            2. A top end valve setup to handle 8000RPM would be another grand with a head swap and porting
                            3. Individual throttle bodies are $800 on Ebay minimum, and may not fit the FWD layout.
                            4. Some big boy cams are probably $600.
                            5. Engine management system would be another $1000 probably, or $500 if MS3.0.

Whereas a budget turbo setup could possibly be:

1. $50 - Fuel Management Unit, which can easily sustain 5-8lbs. Ask Eurotiva for more.
                            2. $150 - Turbo Manifold - modify one from a Miata by repositioning the flange.
                            3. $150 - Junkyard Turbo and BOV - whatever you can find... T25/14B/RHB. Fit the manifold.
                            4. $150 - Downpipe - gonna have to be custom and redesigned for sure.
                            5. $150 - Oil/Coolant Lines - may need replacing and some drilling needs to happen.
                            6. $200 - Misc - gaskets, lines, couplers, piping, boost control, gauge, and so on.

Intercoolers aren't needed on low boost systems, and could save you upwards of $500 if you opt for new parts and hard piping. No need for fuel pumps, wastegates, and so on either on 5-8lbs of boost.
                            1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

all the cool kids dont use intercoolers anymore. the new "black" is water/meth injection.

Comment

Working...
                              X