Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IAT resistor?

Hey there,

Been lurking on this forum ever since I got my '90 LX back in the summer. I'll be posting a full story shortly but for the time being I was hoping someone could help with this topic.

I found a speed chip fuel saver resistor on ebay a week or so ago and decided to try it out (5 bucks? What the hell).

http://www.ebay.com/itm/110979004951...84.m1497.l2649

It's supposed to plug into the 2 pin ports of the intake air temperature sensor however, on the '90 the IAT is integrated into the entire air intake port which is 7 pin ports. I've attached the picture of the installation instructions as well as the diagram of the actual port on my car. Can anyone tell me which pin ports correspond to the IAT? Thanks!

Where you're supposed to plug it...

What it looks like...

Plug one end into your trashcan, and the other end into the same trashcan. Sorry to tell ya this, but those aren't going to help your car. At least you only put $5 in it, others have paid a lot more for similar items.
    No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

Haha^ Is your car not getting the fuel mileage you expected Tiessen?
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

IAT resistor?

Those resistors are garbage, sorry to hear you wasted $5 on one

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
        1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
        2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Fool born every minute.......

Comment

Haha! No, my gas mileage is fine, but why not try for better, right? Oh well, worth a shot. Thanks anyways.

Comment

Years ago I put an adjustable resistor there to help offset the extra oxygen coming from a water hydrogen unit. It was not very effective with what I was doing.
              The air flow sensor spring adjustment worked better. Use a sharpie and mark your original position then play all you want. When the car starts running doggy
              you are there. You will need another 10 deg or so of timing to get your drive-ability back. You will start getting code 17 as the o2 will not see rich mixtures. In my case the hydrogen generator made this effect worse so it made it hard to go leaner. I removed the oxygen from the hydrogen gas and got my best that way.
              NOPE they do not get 100 mpg or more...all this got me from 45 to 55 and I think part of that was my consciousnesses of obtaining better mpgs.

Have fun playing with it, you should find another mpg here and there.
              Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
              X