No announcement yet.

i know you all like pictures....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like straight, non-cracked, non-warped timing covers are about as rare as under-seat trays. I've had 3 sets, and every one had a crack in the top bolt boss. The only good set I have is the original one from my Festy.Actually, I think I have a set that's not too terribly bad. Let me know if you want them, depending on how bad yours are.
    Last edited by blkfordsedan; 12-09-2012, 08:55 PM.
    Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
    04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
    62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
    Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

mine is still good, but the idea of an aluminum unit is tastey.
      Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
      94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

It would look like you had a timing chain in there!!
        Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Originally posted by FestYboy View Post
          mine is still good, but the idea of an aluminum unit is tastey.
          I agree............or maybe Carbon Fiber?
          Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
          04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon

Comment

Ooooh, I could go for a CF timing cover for either B3 or B6! Most of mine are kinda warped and ratty too. FYI, Rockauto carries several brands of timing cover gasket sets, IIRC.

Karl
            '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
            '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
            '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
            '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
            '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

Re: i know you all like pictures....

A CF trim kit would be awesome! Not just for the timing belt cover, but the heat shield for the manifold, a casing for the injector harness, a battery box cover, and a VAF cover.
              In love with a MadScientist!:thumbright:
              There's a fine line between breathtaking ingenuity and "That's the stupidest thing I've ever seen!"

Comment

ok guys, everything is in and it RUNS!!!! no tack on the dash so i can't really tell you what's going on, and nothing has broken in yet so the pulls i've made are less than optimal and i havn't timed it yet (crappy weather and work hindering everything).

currently it has the FMS cam, but one from Mr Dickmeyer will replace it as soon as funds allow. as it is, it feels like i'm choking out at 5k+, just kinda peters out, ya know? i'll be swapping my modded lower filter box from Pepe to see if that helps any. once the lifters shut up, everything got quiet like it should be, so that's good.

i'm betting i need more base timing to start and possibly utilize the adjustable cam gear i have...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

ok, just waiting for the gasket kit to show up... new valve is in hand.

BTW, i found that you can still get THESE !!! now just need a source for new covers...
                  Thanks I didnt think they were available.Just ordered one,would have got two but money is so tight this time of year....
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Originally posted by Festy46 View Post
                    Copy and paste the web address into Google Chrome and you should be able to see them. I use an old version of Netscape for this forum (and others) and when I went to Festyboy's link, I didn't see any pictures either. When I used Google Chrome, they miraculously appeared.
                    Thanks I use Firefox and got the same message. Used internet EXPLODER and no problemo........

Comment

ok guys, everything is in and it RUNS!!!! no tack on the dash so i can't really tell you what's going on, and nothing has broken in yet so the pulls i've made are less than optimal and i havn't timed it yet (crappy weather and work hindering everything).

currently it has the FMS cam, but one from Mr Dickmeyer will replace it as soon as funds allow. as it is, it feels like i'm choking out at 5k+, just kinda peters out, ya know? i'll be swapping my modded lower filter box from Pepe to see if that helps any. once the lifters shut up, everything got quiet like it should be, so that's good.

i'm betting i need more base timing to start and possibly utilize the adjustable cam gear i have...
                      Looks like you ground out the excess Valve guide while it was installed. Thats what I wanted to do but a member told me it couldnt be done(for the life of me I couldnt understand why). It looks like it'll move more air thats for sure bro.I wonder if the stock intake is holding you back now. Extrude Honing the intake would be nice but not for $600.00. The B3 intake is just so wimpy for NA,but I'm certain you'll get that baby spinning in short order.:thumbs_up:

Comment

Congrats! Glad you got it running. If it has good oil pressure, your doin' better than me, LOL. Once it's broke in and you can really flog it, you'll figure it out.
                        So, does it just quit pulling at 5K or does it really nose over? Running out of fuel maybe? Are you running a header? Maybe a B6 ECU and injectors? Could be running out of air as well, but I wouldn't think it would require much more air than your B6 with ported head and the FMS cam.
                        Brian

Comment

I wonder how a 1st gen B6 intake would perform on a healthy B3. The plenum has more volume, but i dont know if the runners would be too big for low end street. You could enlarge the intake port openings on the head to match or build and adapter plate if the head is already installed. Maybe you could adapt the B6 plenum to the B3 lower intake.
                          Brian

Comment

it really just noses over. and that's to my ear 5k, have a tach dash waiting to go in soon. the engine wakes up at about 3k (again, to my ear). everything on the engine is stock save for the cam. i reused everything except seals and the one bad valve. no new rings, no new bearings, they all spec out. can't wait to get it timed properly and check the plugs.

Comment

it really just noses over. and that's to my ear 5k, have a tach dash waiting to go in soon. the engine wakes up at about 3k (again, to my ear). everything on the engine is stock save for the cam. i reused everything except seals and the one bad valve. no new rings, no new bearings, they all spec out. can't wait to get it timed properly and check the plugs.
                              Starving for fuel?

Comment

break it in and dial it in, that baby should sing!!
                                Very nice , loved the pics and all putting it together.
                                Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Working...
                                X