was thinking????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• was thinking????

How benificial is a the festivamotorsports cam in an aspire considering you need parts from an 88 festy to make it work in a 97 aspire?

Is it worth the work to do this "upgrade"?
    Frankie

fully custom 88 festy (project doomsday) Febuary in 2012 calander
    Blockspire: ken block replica aspire
    AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.p...00000110128487

was thinking????

B6 swap, nuff said lol

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
    1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
    2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Na just want to fiddle with what I have in the aspire lol the festy is were my money goes.

Just was wondering if what was work the time an money to do this upgrade??
      Horsepower wise?, fuel economy wise?...
      Frankie

AdvancedDynamix: "If you put the same kind of effort into your engine that you put into the rest of the car, well... it'll be epic". thanks man

Comment

no need for 88-89 rockers, you can use any year Festy rocker with the FMS street cam (race cam may need the earlier rockers).
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Where's the FestivaMotorsport website? I'm interested in looking into this aswell.
          Daily Driver:
          91 Red Ford Festiva L 5spd Stock

Show Car:
          2004 Black Premium Mustang GT Convertible

Comment

google my friend, google... though i can't say they're in buisness anymore, there was a large sell off of invintory a few months ago.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Re: was thinking????

When I purchased the FMS street cam Roger advised that it should be run with the HLA rockers NOT the roller rockers of the Aspire nor the manually adjusted rockers of the early Festivas.

Sent from somewhere west of here via Tapatalk!
              Last edited by fastivaca; 12-07-2012, 11:03 PM.
              Ian
              Calgary AB, Canada
              93 L B6T: June 2016 FOTM
              59 Austin Healey "Bugeye" Sprite

"It's infinitely better to fail with courage than to sit idle with fear...." Chip Gaines (pg 167 of Capital Gaines, Smart Things I Learned Doing Stupid Stuff)

Link to the "Road Trip Starting Points" page of my Econobox Café blog

Comment

Lol no one has really got the question is this "mod" worth doing??
                Frankie

Comment

No !!! I have the b6 swap and later did the FMS cam and u can almost tell !!! This is an aspire !
                  New build on the way .

Comment

you CANNOT use aspire rockers, ask me how i know...

Comment

Originally posted by frankm201 View Post
                      Lol no one has really got the question is this "mod" worth doing??
                      It depends on what you're after. The FMS cam will give you some extra HP.... How much depends on your set up. In a stock motor the gains will be minimal. If you port the head and add a free flowing exhaust (header or larger custom exhaust system) the gains will be greater. This is typical for any performance engine mod, be it a 4-cyl or big block V8. Your MPG will probably go down (more air flow=more fuel) as well. So, to answer your question;

IMO, I probably wouldn't install a cam on a 100% stock motor, unless I planned on doing supporting mods. It would be different if the stock cam was a poor grind and was holding back the potential of the rest of the motor, but in our case it's not. The roller design of the Aspire cam makes it even better if fuel efficiency is your goal.
                      Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                      04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                      62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                      Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

The your for answering my question bro
                        Frankie

Comment

Made my gas mileage go to crap. Did notice more get up and go. I put the original back in. From what I've read, you need to re-work the head to do it right.

Comment

I haven't had my B6 running long enough to experience it, other than amazing throttle response. From what those who have installed the cam with a ported head and exhaust claim, it really pulls hard from around 3000rpm+
                            Brian

93L - 5SP, FMS springs, 323 alloys, 1st gen B6, ported head & intake, FMS cam, ported exhaust manifold w/2-1/4" head pipe.
                            04 Mustang GT, 5SP, CAI, TFS plenum, 70mm TB, catted X, Pypes 304SS cat-back, Hurst Billet+ shifter, SCT/Bama tuned....4.10's & cams coming soon
                            62 Galaxie 2D sedan project- 428, 3x2V, 4SP, 3.89TLOC

1 wife, 2 kids, 9 dogs, 4 cats......
                            Not enough time or money for any of them

Comment

^ i concure with the above statements (note: from experiance)

Comment

Working...
                              X