Ditching the Old Air Box.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ditching the Old Air Box.

I was going through my intake system yesterday and i was in awe of how restricted the lower part of the intake box is where the filter is located. The way it loops around just seams like the air is gonna have a bad time.

This would more be for sound than performance. But this is what i was thinking of making.

Take the stock airbox away an keep the stock Air Flow sensor like this.

I was thinking of removing the lower section, which im sure some of you have already done, then applying this little adapter i drew up.

Then apply a simple cone filter.

Bam Short(er) intake, and less restrictive, plus MOAR noise.
    Please Excuse my terrible MS Paint Skills.

Mostly this would just be for noise, but any extra stuff i can remove from the engine bay the better IMO.

Would anyone be interested in this?
    91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Been done. You can just by a Mazda adapter from P-Boys. Lot less trouble.
    If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

oh hmmmmmm
      91 Festiva L no options, not one. 92 240sx sr20det, 2012 Kia Soul Red Rock Edition.

Comment

Or get 1 from rocketman. He makes them.
        If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

Originally posted by jesteratc View Post
          I was going through my intake system yesterday and i was in awe of how restricted the lower part of the intake box is where the filter is located. The way it loops around just seams like the air is gonna have a bad time.

This would more be for sound than performance. But this is what i was thinking of making.

Bam Short(er) intake, and less restrictive, plus MOAR noise.

Mostly this would just be for noise, but any extra stuff i can remove from the engine bay the better IMO.......
          OK, first, I admire your cad-cam skills. I can't do that.

2nd, I'm confused....you say you want to do this for noise (reduction, I assume) but then you say you want this for "MOAR" noise? Is that a typo?

And....if it does reduce noise, by how much?

I'd definitely be interested if it made things quieter!:thumbs_up:
          Last edited by Twistiva; 12-10-2012, 12:17 PM.
          88L - 'Twistiva' - 'The Fusion of Man and Machine'
          88LX - 'Laztiza' - Future Resurrection Project
          91L - 'Mistiva' - My Daughter's DD
          93L - 'Vextiva' - Airport Car

Comment

Support your local parts man, thats Rocketman for all your cast parts and no it will not be more quite.
            An idea can turn to dust or magic, depending on the talent that rubs against it.

Comment

Sorry for the miss understanding Twistiva. The point is to make more noise. Not to silence it. I enjoy the sound of the engine and don't wish to muffle it any more than i have to.

I agree in supporting those who take the time to manufacture great parts.

Im just cheap, and have access to the machines and materials myself.

If anyone has an ideas or things they need drawn up let me know. I have much free time in which to draw things.

Comment

Working...
              X