BP Fuel Injector Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Fuel Injector Mod

If i remember correctly awhile a go i saw something about a modification where you can use Crown Vic. fuel injectors on the BP engine. My questions are..
    1) Has anyone here done this swap
    2) How can this be accomplished, is it just a simple swap or is there modifications that have to be done to the fuel rail?
    3) Are there different injectors that will deliver fuel more effectively than the crown vics?
    91' Festiva GL Auto EFI--- BP swapped, G-Series swap in the works.
    Adjustable VW MK2 front suspension and Aspire disc brakes
    Aspire rear axle and drum swapped with adjustable KYB rear suspension

LOOKING FOR RUST FREE SHELL IN CALIFORNIA

without the proper tuning, changing fuel injectors will do nothing good.
    I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

BP Fuel Injector Mod

^^totally agree!

Unless you add boost/more boost, there's no reason to upgrade injectors

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

OK, thanks!

Comment

BP Fuel Injector Mod

I'm using Evo 6 injectors!!
          1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

What have you gained by using them? and were they a direct fit?

Comment

you WILL NOT gain power by changine injectors unless yours are busted or something... the only reason to upgrade to bigger injectors is if you reach the max your fuel injector can handle and your not getting enough fuel... if your just running a stock motor and are looking to get more power, you will be better off adding a exhaust or intake on it... or even bumping up the timing a deg or 2... now if your turboing the engine, you may need to replace them...

Mike, AKA the sasquatch
              1990 LX, bp+T/g25mr, 9psi dynoed at 194HP, turbonetics t3/to4e 57trim, haltech E6X standalone, 550cc injectors, turbosmart wastegate, synapse BOV, walbro 255 fuel pump, aeromotive FPR, AEM wideband, 3 inch exhaust, huge FMIC, 9LB flywheel, 6 puck clutch and way more parts that im forgetting i installed lol...

Comment

BP Fuel Injector Mod

Originally posted by Powerstiva View Post
                What have you gained by using them? and were they a direct fit?
                He's also running a turbo too, so there's a reason for the bigger injectors

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
                1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
                2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Ok, thanks

Comment

BP Fuel Injector Mod

Yeah. You have to have engine management to use bigger injectors. But they bolt right in.
                    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Changing injectors can improve power (slightly) and fuel economy (greatly) on older engines. Because FWD BPs came with an EV-1 style injector you can see improvements by switching out to a newer generation of injector (Like what Flyin4stroke has done). This doesn't necessarily mean larger though, in fact, you can actually use injectors with less flow capacity and run them at a higher pressure for better atomization. An EV-14 style injector, with a smaller flow number will support the same HP as a larger EV-1 injector. This is because more of the fuel is burned, and less is passed through the engine because it wasn't properly atomized.
                      Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Originally posted by Advancedynamix View Post
                        Changing injectors can improve power (slightly) and fuel economy (greatly) on older engines. Because FWD BPs came with an EV-1 style injector you can see improvements by switching out to a newer generation of injector (Like what Flyin4stroke has done). This doesn't necessarily mean larger though, in fact, you can actually use injectors with less flow capacity and run them at a higher pressure for better atomization. An EV-14 style injector, with a smaller flow number will support the same HP as a larger EV-1 injector. This is because more of the fuel is burned, and less is passed through the engine because it wasn't properly atomized.
                        This is a revelation for most (me for sure) of us. Have you got any upgrade injector suggestions for mileage improvements on ordinary B3s?

Comment

Re: BP Fuel Injector Mod

I have a set of 55lb SVT injectors if any turbo guys need em. They were for my neighbor, he changed his mind.
                          HULi ---------------------------------------------------------------------------> Any-where, any-way, any-time.
                          "CL4P-TP" - 93 Festiva L

Comment

Awe thats nuttin...vaporize the fuel and use natural gas injectors..Oh wait..we haven't invented that yet..
                            Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

^lol ! Bringing back the ol 70mpg carberator
                              Last edited by bobbyspider; 01-28-2013, 07:10 AM.
                              -90 festiva - bp swap "relentless" (thanks matt) aspire swap, pacesetter, underdrive pulley
                              -90 festiva - surf blue (undetermined destiny) wanna keep but wifey says noooooooo

Comment

Working...
                              X