Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Stock Transmission is going out...Can I upgrade?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I night have a couple local to me but on is attached to a car I think is over priced. The other might be sometime before it could be taken out. Festiva_Fred apparently knows a guy that had several parts Festivas and might have a few transmissions. Waiting to hear from him.
    -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
    Random Festiva Parts
    Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Originally posted by nitrofarm View Post
      Hook me up please!!!!!! My college student son needs one for his festy badly!
      Car-part.com will let you search junkyards in your area or all over the country.
      Rick
      1993 Ford Festiva
      1986 AMC Eagle Wagon 4.2L/4.0L head, AW4,NP242, Chrysler 8.25" rear. SOLD
      1981 AMC Eagle Wagon-As Seen on TV Lost In Transmission
      2000 Ford E350

Comment

like i said i cant remember exaclty what i did, its been so long. i had a complete aspire and a complete festiva and i put the 2 together. i dont remember modifying anything, and everything bolted up. my 88 was fuel injected and auto, then i took the aspire motor and transmission and put it in the festiva. everything seems to line up, and i dont remember that part being difficult. sorry if this doesnt help, im just passing on my experience

Comment

The two that showed up in my area are both $425 bucks! No thank you!
          -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
          Random Festiva Parts
          Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Re: Stock Transmission is going out...Can I upgrade?

They go for $100 or less here all day long.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
              They go for $100 or less here all day long.
              Man Bro- Last one I got was from a fella in Volo,IL (he had 9 festys). $275.00 for it and we only got to 15K & the input bearing is failing.(Its in my sons festy) It did happen @ 6k after we switched to synthetic gear oil. But I have to believe that not the cause. Also he baby's this car....he's paying for his college,food etc. So he's not doing any beat runs like I do. So with that being said I'd like to get a tranny from someone I know. Personally I try to stay away from JY's. But I may have too give them a call. Nothing worse than putting a motor in your car & its junk. You call the yard up,haggle over the phone. Drive the car there,they listen to it and say. "Dang your right,its knocking bad,we'll getcha a new one". Great like I got nothing better to do than swap used parts for a living. If someone in WI has one that wants to help us out please speak up.
              Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
              Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
              Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Working...
              X