question for miata blockheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question for miata blockheads

i've been considering grabbing one of these "stroker" kits developed by Flyin Miata but i see they are only compatible with the 94-95NB 1.8 miata block. does anybody know if the capri manual transmissions bolt up to this later block? any other major issues in using this RWD block in a FWD set up? this would be for a non-turbo induction build. thanks.

Flyin' Miata is the world leader in Miata performance and well-engineered, proven Miata MX5 components. We offer parts for a full range of Mazda Miata, MX5 and Eunos Roadsters vehicles.

all BP blocks will mount to capri trans', it's a B series engine.... the reason they state NB chassis only is because that's the only chassis that the BP came in STOCK. you can BP swap an NA chassis and in that case, the kit would fit that too....
    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

wow thanks for quick response. just started digging into miata specs and history. i knew the 1.6 was considered an NA series miata. from what i saw the main diff in the later (96-97) over the 94-95 engine was the adoptio of OBDII. but that shouldn't change anything about the block? i'll ask flyin miata. maybe they have a specific reason. otherwise why couldn't the kit also be used in an EGT 1.8? my work ride is an LX-E so it would be my first choice to save on the cost of picking up a miata 1.8.

Comment

that kit will work in any, ANY, BP. EGT included.

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),

Comment

Is that true??? I mean about the link on their website..800 some hp from a B block and turning
          in 8 second quarter miles ???

Is all this extra power because of the extreme wrist pin-long rod set up ?

They didn't say much about the head but I bet you could lose a couple tubes of tennis balls in there!
          Reflex paint by Langeman...Lifted...Tow Rig

Comment

Can you really justify 5k on a rotating assembly? Then add another 1000 for machining and balanving. Add another 500 for a forged gear oil pump, you wouldnt want to trust a stock pump, also add 400 for a balance because a stock balancer will not suffice. You wouldnt throw a stock head or intake on that motor would you? Add another 3k

Comment

i am installing a 95 miata block right now the only issue so far is the EGT water and oil pump don't fit so you have to order the right water/oil pump.but timing belt fits fine for any BP.
              ;
              www.facebook.com/rhodestiva ;
              rhodestiva@gmail.com ;
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44851
              http://www.fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=419
              '92 Festiva L M/T
              '93 Festiva GL A/T

Comment

Originally posted by Hot_Wheels View Post
                Can you really justify 5k on a rotating assembly? Then add another 1000 for machining and balanving. Add another 500 for a forged gear oil pump, you wouldnt want to trust a stock pump, also add 400 for a balance because a stock balancer will not suffice. You wouldnt throw a stock head or intake on that motor would you? Add another 3k
                i am on the downhill side of 50. i have a good job, no wife, kids, pets, mortgage, car payment, cable ,alimony, expensive vices and the girlfriend is happy. i have invested regularly and wisely. i realized in my 40's that passion is more important than anything except personal responsibility. for reasons unknown to me, i developed a fervor for festiva's and it's derivatives that has, to my amazement, continued to engage,entertain,and educate me for a dozen years or more and has brought me with the aid of this site into contact with a circle of diverse, talented, and congenial like minded individuals. money is a TOOL.

Comment

you earned it spend it on whatever you like!
                  Never Hire a Boy to do a Man's Job!!

Comment

Give me your man card so I can clip a corner off of it.
                    -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

i didn't mean to go on a tirade and i'm not dissin hot wheels. he did bring valid issues to consider and i realize everybody has their own outlook, values, and priorities. (but i'm not going to tell him about the ITB set-up). i have an old garage sign from my musclecar days hanging up that says: SPEED COSTS MONEY. HOW FAST DO YOU WANT TO GO? it's just that his input would have been a little more palatible and more of an answer to my original question if he had enlightened me as to how he woud build a 12 sec. festiva with parts from the plumbing section at WalMart.

Comment

Originally posted by M3NTAL View Post
                        Give me your man card so I can clip a corner off of it.
                        what's wrong with you? you jelly that he's rockin a BP and willing to spend the $$ nessisary to get into the power he wants?

i say extend his man card privliges!!

Comment

If I ever get the money I'll have a titanium block B motor!!

Of about 1.9 liters.

That runs on alley cat pee and bar throw up that I'll collect for free from the bars around OSU.

Karl
                          '93GL "Prettystiva" ticking B3 and 5 speed, backup DD; full swaps in spring!
                          '91L "AquaMutt" my '91L; B6 swap/5 speed & Aspire brakes, DD/work car
                          '92L "Twinstiva" 5sp, salvage titled, waiting for repairs...
                          '93GL "Luxstiva," '94 B6 engine & ATX; needs overhauled
                          '89L "Muttstiva," now a storage bin, future trailer project

Comment

I'll just add that, at least in the US, there is no such thing as a '94/'95 NB Miata. NB didn't start until the '99 model year. NA ran until '97 and then they skipped '98. But all the NAs from '94-'97 should have a BP in them.
                            No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

question for miata blockheads

IMO 5k on a rotating assembly for a festiva is not justifiable.

500 car 5000 motor? Something's wrong here.
                              -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

Working...
                              X