B6T Piston swap questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6T Piston swap questions

I am about to re-pull my B6T and rebuild.

I want to put stock Miata pistons in it to boost the compression a little.

My question is for those that have done it.
    What should I look out for. I realize if I pull this apart and the stock pistons have really worn the block I cannot but how have you that have done this go about insuring that I am simply not wasting my money and this thing blows shortly after starting it?

I have never rebuilt an engine using the old (or in this case used from another engine) pistons.
    I have always had it bored and used new overstock pistons. I do not think it necessary to go full on forged and really would like to get some good used pistons and drop them in.

And I bet there are some out there that have some for sale too...
    Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

B6T Piston swap questions

Mental had a miata 1.6 in his car. I believe it blew a ring on him after a few thousand miles. It sucks to say but I've gone through 2 motors from the same thing. If you going to do it might as well do it right. Wiseco pistons. The rods should be good.
    1988 Ford Festiva "Sonic" BPT g25mr MS2 standalone ecu, FOTY '11, Best Beater FMV, Fan Favorite FMVI

1989 Ford Mustang GT 5.slow

1996 Ford F-150

Comment

Yeah the stock miata pistons didn't like 15psi of boost and power shifts.

I went to pull it apart because I thought a blew a ring and All 4 ring lands were cracked. So I went to weisco's.
      -M3NTAL MARK! Woo!!

Comment

10?

Mental I see you have some stuff for sale. Check your PM.
        Rodney

1991 FI 5 Speed Aqua Blue

Comment

I'll be putting a 9.4:1 block in my B6T pretty soon because I've got low compression on my stock block. No precautions other than high octane gas and low boost the majority of the time so it doesn't blow up. Might consider a water/meth injection setup too.
          1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
          X