oil pressure gauge location

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil pressure gauge location

ok i didnt know where to post this and i tried to search but perhaps i was searching the right keywords.....where do you guys plumb the oil pressure gauge to?...perhaps i dont know which one is the stock oil pressure sensor location...thats it...thanks in advance....

The oil pressure sending unit is right beside the oil filter and screws into the block. If you want to keep the old sending unit and add the new gauge, you will need a "T" fitting to handle both connections. The hole in the block is a metric thread so you will probably have to get an adapter fitting to convert from metric pipe to american pipe thread to use the 1/8" pipe fitting. If you are not going to use the old sending unit, you will still need the adapter fitting anyway because most after market gauges use american pipe thread fittings.
    If you are using an electric sending unit, just screw it in the fitting and run your wire to the gauge. If you are using a mechanical gauge, I would highly recommend that you use a braided flexible stainless steel line to run to the gauge. The cheap nylon tubing that is included with most mechanical gauges can leak sometimes.
    You gonna race that thing?
    http://www.sdfcomputers.com/Festivaracing.htm

Comment

Working...
    X