Oil cooler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil cooler

I did a few searches, couldn't find what I needed.

I have an apple crib of coolers that I've been thinking I should install, so I can get my oil thicker from being cooler, but, on a b3, where or what should I do to get an adapter so I'll have a pair of hoses to run @ the block, also in turn give the filter a stub to spin onto?

Something from another b series?

I've only dealt with the b3's,so I have no idea what's bolted to anything else with any remote possibility of making my task easier or cheaper.

Maybe Summit? A FF user have something laying around? I don't have PayPal.

Sent from my rooted HTC Supersonic using Tapatalk 2 Pro

Miatas had them, honda b18 are the same oil filter thread. If you stay away from hype r items you can get oem stuff under 100 bux. I actually want a cooler that warms the oil for faster warmup times and stabilizess it to operating temp of coolant. Anything from summit or jegs is fine, you want to spend the extrs 20 bux and get a thermosttically controlled adapter that isnt circulating cold oil until it hits 160 or so. Thick oil is slow oil.
    1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

I need to keep 5 or 10w cooler when block @ op temp.

15w thins out nice when hot, but I cringe @ over night sits and morning starts with this higher compression and those poor rod bearings... .

I'll go after a PnP day and see what I can find. Thanks.

Comment

About all of the b series motors should use the same oil cooler iirc, somebody posted a $20 summit racing remote oil filter kit not long ago, its not a cooler but if they sell that and you find out what it was made for then buy the cooler made for the same engine...
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

My aspire has no cooler. B engine? Correct?

Comment

Right there! I need that filter adapter! I'm not buying more hose when I have a 300ft spool. Same with the cooler, I have over 50 of those, not to mention taller, and wider.

Last edited by jason_; 09-01-2013, 06:19 AM.

Comment

You can get those adapters on eBay. Pretty cheap too.
              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

This might be useful since you already have the coolers and lines
                90 festy with 92 FI motor. Digital camo paint. BHAF. short throw. currently 47 MPGs

Comment

Get theblock adapter and spend the real money on AN fittings and aeroquip blue hose. I cringe whenever I see main oil supply lines set up with hose clamps. Racers Wholesale has great prices http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/c...ol_Oil_Coolers
                  Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
                  Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
                  Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

Nice hookup on apt only. Thanks.

I was going to go classy hillbilly, stainless flexible line and compression fittings. Cooling line itself will probably shed heat better then cooler up front.

Comment

Hm. I'm skeptical of eBay, especially this item is unbranded, googleing the model # only pulls ebay items.

I'd rather unbolt something from a local yard, just wasn't sure of what cars/engines were factory with them.

Comment

Biggest cooler you can mount. If it doesnt mount simply add a pink spolier lip and bolt it to that. Bozoku style, japanese word for organs born outside the body.
                        1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

why not just run the coolant to oil cooler found on the B6Ts? it runs inline with the outlet of your heater core.
                          I know its a piece of crap but im still faster...and its 100% legal!!!!!

Comment

Yup thats all id do. Helps keep temps inline and should help mpg and emissions at the same time. So much room if you still have a b3, you can make anything work even if you have to buy some hose.
                            1993 GL 5 speed

Comment

Originally posted by jason_ View Post
                              Hm. I'm skeptical of eBay, especially this item is unbranded, googleing the model # only pulls ebay items.

I'd rather unbolt something from a local yard, just wasn't sure of what cars/engines were factory with them.

FWIW I have one of those adapters on my car and it's fine. I didn't use the ports. Just used the adapter as a spacer on top of a thread adapter nipple, but quality is very good. It's a simple part. I have a B6T stock piece, and the eBay stuff is more impressive quality wise. Just my 2 cents.
                              Any difference that makes no difference is no difference.

Old Blue- New Tricks
                              91 Festiva FSM PDF - Dropbox

Comment

Working...
                              X