No announcement yet.

b6 head on a b3 block, oh baby does it work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ok, i gotcha... thats the way most of my stuff goes, whatever is free/cheap goes on the car :lol:
    i'm glad you got it working at least!.

htchbck... my car is getting to the point where basically the next thing i can do to it is a engine swap, now that i've bodyworked/painted/brakeswaped it... if you have a random B6 i would make the drive to your place... lololol. i would really like to see your BP car tho. also one of the first things i wanted to do was chop the top off mine, however thats not too practical but i'd really like to see yours... :p
    ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
    91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
    1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
    2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

come check it out sometime... its far from being done, but its a fun car... and yeah, I have a random B6, but the head has a nice little crack in it... prolly not rebuildable but the valvetrain and block are in good shape.
      No festiva for me ATM...

Comment

ya, if you make a road trip, and are in the Halifax Metro area, i would definitely like to see that BP engine install, and who knows, you may inspire me to visit my favorite scrap-yard and find a lil sleeper motor of my own

Comment

what was the first year for the b6t. if it would fit you could turbo a b3 pretty easily. you would need the head, turbo, manifold, and the ecu.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2304767

Comment

Lets not forget the distributer and the knock box.
            HENRY
            Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

Well, the car's front end is going back together alot faster then expected (due mostly to help from my girlfriend, such a good lil part washer and "re-finisher" :lol: ), so I figure it will be ready for an inspection sticker by late August, sooooo.........maybe I'll try out that b6 intake and throttle body to match it to the head and exhaust and see how it goes, I'll be in touch 8)

Comment

Originally posted by funky technician
                I still have to set the ignition timing with the gun, but the car seems to have a little less off the line torque, but the upper end is much stronger, I figure this may be because of the slightly decreased compression (the b6 head is a bigger cc volume off the deck) and the fact that my intake air is losing velocity because of the bigger head ports (a diverging opening will decrease air velocity but slightly increase pressure) I'm hoping i can regain some of this torque loss but properly setting the ignition timing, but i may have no choice but to use the b6 intake manifold, we'll see :lol:
                I've welded up the periphery of the chamber and milled the head on the B3 to B6 head conversion to gain back compression and to do it right.

The head change really shows when it's teamed up with a performance camshaft, headers, properly sized intake, etc.

Not that big of a deal, but you still have the B3 sized holes in the block, which is like throwing away power. A Festiva is far from a lightweight sandrail ( 890 lbs ), where I built an engine like this and got decent results.
                Rich Norman
                5 Festivas:
                1992 L - Daily Driver
                1993 GL-Off-Road Buggy Subaru EJ20DET
                1988 L - Big Block Ford Pro-Street
                1992 L - Corvette LS7 drivetrain
                1991 L - Parts Car

Comment

Ya, the b3 intake is like a drinking straw, rendering the b6 head and exhaust manifolds extra port volume useless. I was thinking shaving about 1 mm off the head to regain some compression, but i didn't want to spend the money, I just wanted it to run. Whenever i put the b6 intake manifold on it should improve slightly, but I'm going to need the car soon for winter, so I'll just leave it be, it runs fine. :wink:

Comment

Working...
                  X