miata vs mx3 piston difference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miata vs mx3 piston difference?

Can anybody tell me the difference between the 90-93 auto miata b6 vs 94-95 mx3 pistons and will the mx3 pistons work in my b6t.

ask on miataturbo.net, i bet they may be able to give you the answer. But i do believe i read some where the miatas offered the most compression for th b6

Comment

Well I want 9:1 but I can't seem to find any std. size miata ones and everywhere shows the mx3 pistons are different.

Comment

Calling Zanzer....ring ring
        Barbie Car - '90 L-plus_2nd Gen SOHC B6+rear turbo @ 8 psi
        Festycul - '9? 5spd_full roll cage, completely gutted, hydro g-series, B6T @ 15psi, rocketchip ecu,Willwood master cylinder, Mit. Galant VR-4 rotors, Hawk racing pads, capri knuckles, 323 LCA's, BrideLow Max seats, 5pt. harness, lexan windows, fuel cell, aluminum radiator, 323 coilovers
        Elvis - '93 L 5spd_B3+T build in progress
        WhiteGirl - '93 GL Immaculate shape, deciding what to build with it?

Comment

^^ You rang LOL :mrgreen:

I haven't had the opportunity to tear into a 94-95 MX-3 B6D yet so I can't give you specifics, but from looking at some pics it looks like the MX-3 pistons are basically the same as the Miata and Capri B6D pistons. The B6T and B6D use the same cylinder head but I don't know what the combustion chamber looks like on a B6ZE so maybe Charlie can give a little insight here.

Here's a pic of the Miata B6ZE vs a Capri B6D piston. They both use the same piston.

Here's a pic of ITM pistons for the MX-3. They look pretty much the same as above.

And here's a pic of the MX-3 piston I found on the net. The part number on the box says it's for a B6ZE which is Miata.

If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
          Zulu Ministries

Comment

Alright then, the ones I've been seeing on the net look like the last ones you posted and they don't look dished out as much. Now does the mx3 pistons have the cut out for the oil squirter. Guy from parts dinosaur told me the cr is 9.1:1 not 9:1 like I thought.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Comment

I would assume that they do have the relief for the squirter since everything from a B6D up has it.
              If a hammer doesn't fix it you have an electrical problem

WWZD
              Zulu Ministries

Comment

Looking on Rockauto, the ITM piston part number for the MX3 is RY6758, while the auto Miata is RY6673. Both say they are 9:1

pistonmiata.jpgpistonmx3.jpg

Comment

Guy from miataturbo.net says they will work fine, so I'm gonna get some ordered and see how they work out. Thanks guys for your help.

Comment

Working...
                  X