B6 steal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B6 steal?

Hi guys. I'm wondering if this car Is the right motor I need to be pretty much plug and play for my 91 festiva. My car is fuel injected. It's a 93 mazda mx3 with a 1 6l, I was just gonna turbo the factory 1.3 but I came across this and was hoping it's a better decision. Is everything direct bolt up to my car and how difficult is it to do the swap? Any advice we be nice! Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

The whole cars undercarriage is rusted but the guy only wants 200 for the whole car! Did I mention the car only has 39kmiles?

Comment

I dropped in an old school carb B6 engine from a Mazda 323. No problemo. Just slid right in. Besides, I needed some room for all my nice to haves (P/S, A/C, cruise, twin carbs).
      Last edited by bravekozak; 11-05-2013, 09:23 PM.

Comment

2nd gen b6! I'm thinking you'll need a 323 Ecu, but ask someone that knows more than I do, the VAF will work, keep stock Festiva distributor, radiator hose housings, and the whole engine mount bracket from the b3.... Yea man do it easy swap!

Saftey guy has that engine in one if his festivas, might see what he has to say about it?
        Last edited by zoom zoom; 11-05-2013, 09:25 PM.
        2008 Kia Rio- new beater
        1987 F-150- revived and CLEAN!!!
        1987 Suzuki Dual Sport- fun beater bike
        1993 Festiva- Fiona, DD
        1997 Aspire- Peaspire, Refurb'd, sold
        1997 Aspire- Babyspire, DD
        1994 Aspire - Project Kiazord
        1994 Aspire- Crustyspire, RIP

"If it moves, grease it, if it don't, paint it, and if it ain't broke don't fix it!"

Comment

That is NOT a second gen B6 - its a B6-ME, SOHC 16 valve. It'll take more work than a first or second gen SOHC 8v B6... exactly how much I'm not sure, as I've never done one. But there is some info on this swap somewhere here.
          ~Nate

the keeper of a wonderful lil car, Skeeter.

Current cars:
          91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.
          1990 Kawasaki Ninja 250 - my gas saver, 60+mpg - 40k
          2004 MotoGuzzi Breva - my "longer range" bike - 17k

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

From the wiki page:

B6-2E

1.6 L (1,597 cc) B6-2E - (78.0x83.6 mm), also known as B6-ME - This was a variant of the B6-E with a SOHC 16-valve cylinder head. It is found in the 1992-1994 California-spec Mazda 323 and 1991-1994 Mazda MX-3. The B6-ME produced 88 hp (66 kW) and 96 lb·ft (130 N·m). A carburetted version was used in 4WD versions of Japanese market BG Familias, where it produced 91 PS (67 kW) at 6,500 rpm and 13.0 kg·m (127 N·m; 94 lb·ft) at 3,000 rpm.[4]
            ~Nate

Current cars:
            91L "Skeeter" 170k, Aspire brakes, G15, BP, Advancedynamics coil overs, etc. My first love.

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeters_keeper View Post
              That is NOT a second gen B6 - its a B6-ME, SOHC 16 valve. It'll take more work than a first or second gen SOHC 8v B6... exactly how much I'm not sure, as I've never done one. But there is some info on this swap somewhere here.
              That's what I was thinking too. Valve cover looks like the B8 one, not gen2 B6. Does the E tranny even bolt up to the B6ME?
              90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
              09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Why wouldn't it? Its still a B engine.
                91GL BP/F3A with boost
                13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Trans should bolt up, the ECU is where I'm not sure - I'd guess that is a 3 plug and there may not be a 2 plug version for the ME... it might run on a B61K ECU, but I'm not sure. Someone else will have to chime in on that.
                  ~Nate

Current cars:

FOTY 2008 winner!

Comment

i'll take the trans and TCM off your hands if you get the car... been looking for one for a while now and i'm local!

the B6-ME WILL bolt to an E F or G series trans, the passenger mount does not require any mods. you should treat this just like a B6 (2nd gen) swap. it's "bolt in" save for the VAF position and the ECU. IIRC you need to mod the B3 dizzy to work properly, or re-wire the dizzy harness to work with the Festy harness and B6-ME dizzy.
                    Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                    94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks guys! For all the help. And the trans is an automatic festyboy but if you want auto I'll be happy to sell it to you lol

Comment

yeah, that's why i want it... it's year specific for me.... another project.
                        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
                        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

It's all plug and play.

2 plug ecu, same dizzy plug. Simple swap. Do it. My b8me was all the same wiring.
                          And those seats will go onto the Festiva bases.
                          Last edited by eurotiva; 11-06-2013, 05:54 PM.
                          -Greg
                          Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                          BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                          Redneck Engineer
                          FOTY - '09
                          5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Oh neat. The mx3 is two plug like protege no tricky pinning either?

I always like that half aspire half mx3 model that was sold in Canada that was BP powered from factory how easy is that things to have fun with
                            Last edited by getnpsi; 11-06-2013, 06:30 PM.
                            1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

90% sure on the 2 plug, I've been wrong before.

That car is a great deal for $200!!!!
                              Last edited by eurotiva; 11-06-2013, 07:09 PM.
                              -Greg
                              Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
                              BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
                              Redneck Engineer
                              FOTY - '09
                              5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

Working...
                              X