b3 intake plumbing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• b3 intake plumbing

I want to turbo my b3 but im a ways away. Looking at the intake plumbing on my 91 i started to wonder, what is the closed box on the valvecover? Do i need the other hoses that cone in from driver side into stock tube? For now i want to just get a intake tube and run a cone filter, one the are easy to find and two i can get my intake aimed in the direction of turbo.

What have you guys done to b3 intake?
    Yellow 91 festiva GL 5speed
    Red 88festiva L 4spd
    Blue 91festiva L 5spd (bad tranny, sloppy suspension)

I deleted the silencer on the side of the main pipe. It has a name but I can't think of it right now. I also made an adapter to mate the cone filter to the vaf.
    You must keep the VAF at the end of the pipe. It won't run without it.
    Jerry
    Team Lightning

Owner of Team Lightning
    90 L "Peewee" B6D. Bought new May 16,1990
    92 L Thunder BP G5M-R Turbo B6T electronics. Jan 2016 FOTM winner SOLD
    93 L Lightning. BP

Not a user of drugs or alcohol, Just addicted to Festiva's

Comment

Find a Aspire intake tube, Drill holes in bottom of stock box & use K&N Filter #33-2222, rear turbo. Many threads on these subjects. The fastest Festy is a rear turbo. Search IS your friend.
      If it don't fit, use a bigger hammer!

'93 Green L - ' Tiva

Comment

^ rear turbo is mentioned about 500x and i still dont know what that looks like. I forgot guys name but he did.budget turbo and got better mpg and more horse power.

The intake is just strange. That big box is a silencer?
        Red 88festiva L 4spd

Comment

you don't know what a rear turbo looks like? Its a turbo attached at the back instead of at the manifold.

Comment

Originally posted by koRnhead View Post
            you don't know what a rear turbo looks like? Its a turbo attached at the back instead of at the manifold.
            Thats obvious, just dont know how youd plum it or the sense of it, seems less efficient. My turbo will be under the hood where a turbo belongs.
            Red 88festiva L 4spd

Comment

Originally posted by Jblair View Post
              Thats obvious, just dont know how youd plum it or the sense of it, seems less efficient. My turbo will be under the hood where a turbo belongs.
              You do realize that "The Fastest Festiva in The World" is a rear turbo car, right? No intercooler needed.
              Contact me for information about Festiva Madness!
              Remember, FestYboy is inflatable , and Scitzz means crazy, YO!
              "Like I'm going to suggest we do the job right." ~Fecomatter May 28 2016.

Comment

Secondary pump for oil and a long hot side pipe....which acts like an intercooler. Not less efficient, plus if your into the whole street racing scene, easier to get Honda's to bet money when they cant see a snail. lol

Comment

Having your intake under the car is strange. I live where it is super rainy, i drive in some big puddles. If i had a intake it would have to pop out the back or up the side like a snorkle, then im sure tweakers would like it, it would probably be shiny, then it would be gone, there would also be no secrets for anyone.

My real question right now is about all of these hoses that go to intake.
                  Red 88festiva L 4spd

Comment

Where's Festevil....? He's been doing a turbo b3 for a bit.

-James
                    Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

The only thing that hung me up is the health, longevity, and maintenance of the secondary oil system. Would a powersteering pump and its oil work? (thinking about rear turbo a v6 ranger)
                      1993 GL 5 speed

It's a MazdaFordnKia thing, and you will understand!

Comment

Does anyone have input on my OP, i just want aftermarket intake tube for now.
                        Red 88festiva L 4spd

Comment

Originally posted by Jblair View Post
                          Does anyone have input on my OP, i just want aftermarket intake tube for now.
                          There's no such thing as an aftermarket festiva intake that doesn't require some sort of modification.
                          To answer your question, the box to the left of the intake tube that looks like a weird shapen rectangle can go. You don't need it. And it doesn't really do anything.
                          The two hoses on the right you do need.
                          Best thing to do is get some 2"-2.5" pipe from eBay or wherever and just cut a couple holes in it for those hoses to attach to.
                          Also, in the future, you'll find that most guys on here aren't gonna just give you the information you want. You gotta search first. I've been called out a couple times on that. In any case, most festiva mods are trial and error. If you wanna do something, look for a thread on here or just go attempt to do it. Either way its gonna cost you money and some fabrication or rednecking.

-James
                          Est. 1989 "Bringing laughter and festiva awesomeness to the world since birth" banana time

Comment

Or you can do what I did. Remove the box to the left, tape up the hole on the tube, then go get the rectangle adapter plate from auto zone and a short cone and you're good.
                            When I get a chance later I'll post a pic of what I mean.

-James

Comment

the only addon i can think of is if you do the following for a rear mount turbo.

turn the floorpan of the boot upside down and hide the turbo in the old spare wheel area, which would also allow for complete original clearance underneath the car and civic drivers can comment on the cute looking "dual exhaust setup".. yeah, yeah mate.. new dual exhaust.. *Mutters under breathe* keep telling yourself that *mutter under breathe* so it was 500$ you said?
                              Last edited by jawbraeka; 12-03-2013, 07:55 AM.
                              Ford Festiva 1991 WA Model (5 Door)
                              Nicknamed the car 'The Chiva' (Chilli Festiva)

Avg Economy:
                              Highway - 7.32L/100km
                              City - yet to be determined.

Comment

Working...
                              X