festiva on 4x4 frame

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festiva on 4x4 frame

I always wanted to set a festy shell on a 4x4 frame, there is endless suply of old rusted out 4x4s here and I can get a running and driving one for 500$, how hard is it to toss the cab and bed, shorted the frame to as close to the festiva wheel base, get the cab mounts of the truck and weld them to the festy shell and drive away?

I know for shure the wiring will be a pain, custom rear drive shaft, redo breaks and gas lines, lots of welding, and all the stuff for the dash,clutch/gas peddle,speedo cable deep pockes and a great excuese to people why your doing it

Sence the festy will be sitting on the frame and would look uggle with them sticking out I figuered 80's ford ranger step up side thangs will cover it perfictly and look good and a huge rock crawler bumper.

Sence I'm leaving for the navy and will be based in florda, not having a girl or kids and every thang payed for I figuered it would be a way to blow money on something fun haha
    1993 festy "white stallion" BP swap with 7" lift, 1ton wench
    R.I.P. 1991 festy "the festiva" stock b3, atv bumper, 8' whip

cuz to me this would be sick to drive and have fun in and you just know the chicks will be wanting a ride

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Word of advice, ditch your current POS "lift" and pursue your dream of a festiva on a 4x4 frame, it'll be waayyy safer

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
      1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
      2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
        Word of advice, ditch your current POS "lift" and pursue your dream of a festiva on a 4x4 frame, it'll be waayyy safer
        Hahaha that's the shell of the car ill be using and save the motor for another festiva WITH NO LIFT!

Comment

There used to be one driving around north Kansas City. It was on a Jeep frame and nicely done. I never saw it personally but " heard about it " from several different people who got a look at it.
          sigpic
          The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
          https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
          Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

Here is one on a Blazer frame

sigpic
            The Don - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter

Link to my festiva pictures below
            https://fordfestiva.com/forums/album.php?albumid=10
            Celebrating 25 years of festiva(s) ownership.

Comment

The red one on the blazer frame was the first one I saw and made me want to do it but from the other side with a for sale sign in the windo but that's what I was wanting it to look like but with a lift and thin 35" mud tires so the wheels wouldn't look like they stick out so far. would they be legal to drive on the road is my only concern and you would just title the festy shell right? Cuz if that's the case ill be payng 65$ a month for state farm on a 4x4 festiva haha

Comment

A Bronco II would probably make a good frame. Or Geo Tracker...though those might have been unibody...
                -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                Random Festiva Parts
                Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Here in ilinois you would have to have the title from the frame and body then have it inspected and titled as a homemade vehicle.
                  I know a guy the has built sever vehicles from scratch and had no issues tilting them.
                  I'm sure it very front state to state.

Comment

Geo tracker is a unibody, the bronco II idk about cuz it doesn't have a solid front axle (worse for off road but better ride) and there is a lot more electrical also they have the suppppper crapppy 2.9L V6 that suckk! But get decent mpgs but wouldn't need the frame shorted near as much as a 3/4 tone truck but basically what ever super cheep 4x4 with a frame ill probably snag up but ill have tto check what the nebraska ruls on that are

The suzuki samuri had frames I beleave but with mud tires can't get past 60mph haha
                    Last edited by Micro Mudder; 12-03-2013, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Samurai
                      91GL BP/F3A with boost
                      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Originally posted by bhazard View Post
                        Samurai
                        Grammar nazi! Haha jk thanks

Comment

I didn't even know you mentioned it lol
                          91GL BP/F3A with boost
                          13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Thought the Samurai was just a rebadged Tracker basically...I could be wrong... wait...maybe I'm thinking of the Sidekick.
                            -Rafe-

Things I have for sale.
                            Random Festiva Parts
                            Festiva Non-Swoopy Power Drivers Mirror

Comment

Haha gust good timing on your part yea the samurai is more saught after cuz its easier to work on like the festys are and buick v6's fit in them better they also look way better. But the sidekick is like the tracker more I beleave, but all the mini suvs are all unibodys that I'm aware of

Was looking and the only 4X4 with a frame and a good drivetrain is the '77 jeep cj7 body style and has 93.4" wheel base compaired to the 90" festiva wheel base which would be sick to use cuz they last forever easy tto get parts but are hard to find cheep

Comment

Working...
                              X