carb to injection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• carb to injection

yea hi im new here but i have an 89 festy that im wanting to change over to injection is it possible with the block i have or should i just do a motor swap?

Its possible. If you want to do it like factory.you will.need.
    All wiring and ecu from efi car.
    Tank and fuel pump
    head swap front efi motor would probably be easiest. Along with distributor,afm with air intake tube.
    I'm sure I'm missing something but that's the basics.
    Or do an b6d swap and use and inline fuel pump.

Comment

Big job. It's a lot easier going in the other direction, EFI to carb.
      Merry Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by bravekozak View Post
        Big job. It's a lot easier going in the other direction, EFI to carb.
        Merry Christmas.
        Above quote is from a man that has actually done it. Brave runs around in a former 93 EFI but with old style (and become twin) carb. 89s were real weirdos (transition models) in that autos were EFI and manuals weren't. Motor swap is going to make no difference (B3 long blocks are interchangeable from 86 to 97, and beyond if you live in Brazil or Iran). Obviously you've got the manual tranny version and well worth going forward with Mikuni or Weber adaptations that can't be done with electronic cars. Count your blessings.
        Same greeting; Merry Christmas.

Comment

thanks guys i have been fighting with this carb for some time now i think i will have it right then outta no where it craps out again
          merry Christmas to you as well

Comment

Simpler than going EFI is going Weber.
            90 Festy (Larry)--B6M (Matt D. modified B6 head), header, 5-speed, Capri XR2 front brakes, many other little mods
            09 Kia Rondo--a Festy on steroids!

You can avoid reality, but you can't avoid the consequences of avoiding reality--Ayn Rand

Disaster preparedness

Tragedy and Hope.....Infowars.com.....The Drudge Report.....Founding Fathers.info

Think for yourself.....question all authority.....re-evaluate everything you think you know. Red-pill yourself!

Comment

Working...
            X