BP Engine performance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BP Engine performance

I have a 89 festy with a BP engine in it. I don't know a lot about DOHC motors and just looking for some upgrades for it. I know eventually I want to turbo it. But for now I was wondering what other upgrade people have found. I did find a set of pacesetter headers but that's about all. I would like to put a cam in it as well. just wondering if anyone can point me in right direction.
    Last edited by 90fastiva; 12-22-2013, 07:22 PM.
    1990 Red Festiva STOCK "pregnant roller skate"
    1989 Yellow Festiva BP swap "Freebird"
    2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
    2001 Honda accord SOLD lots of goodies done suicide doors lowered 20 inch rims
    2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.
    1994 Ford F150 5.0 Completely stock.

exhaust cam swap is cheap from the junk yard and hear it gives good gains but thats just what i have read may be some one here has done it and will chime in.

Comment

Do you happen to know what car I need to get that out of?
      2007 Ford F150 "black sunshine" full exhaust with x-pipe. K&N intake. Headman Headers.
      2005 Ford F250 6.0 Turbo Diesel "swamprat" 4 inch lift, 4 inch mbrp exhaust, egr delete, glowshift pillar gauges.

Comment

the same car that the engine you have in the festy came from. you swap out the intake cam for another exhaust cam and BOOM: instant power boost.

since you have a BP, start looking at what the Miata guys are doing to get the most out of their SCCA Solo II cars.

i'm a BIG fan of boost, but i'm thinking that you might want to keep this one NA, there's something about a tweaked out 10,000 rpm beast under the hood...

Build the BP for that, and then you'll be ready for the insanity that is BOOST

think baby steps...
        Trees aren't kind to me...

currently: 2 88Ls (Scrappy and Jersey), 88LX, 90L(Pepe), 91L, 91GL (Skippy) 93 GL Sport (the Mighty Favakk), 94 (Bruce) & 95 Aspire SEs, 97 Aspire (The Joker),
        94 Justy 4WD, 87 Fiero GT, plus 2 parts cars. That's my fleet.

Comment

Thanks I will start looking a car for that cam. I have no experience with these types of engines but I'm having fun learning about them.

Comment

Working...
          X