Exhaust flange patterns.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust flange patterns.

Anyone know if the BP/BPT has the same exhaust port/bolt layout/pattern as the engine in the miata(1.8l)? The same for the B6T and the DOHC 1.6l in the miata.
    HENRY
    Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

No they aren't the same. Since the BP is longer in length, the exhaust manifold flange is different.
    * Retired Festiva-er*
    1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
    B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

I meant - the bp and the 1.8 in the miata(it is a BP too right?). I also wanted to know if the B6t and the 1.6l in the miata were also the same. I didn't want to know if the 1.6 and the 1.8 were the same, but a comparison between the bp and the 1.8 and a comparison between the b6t and the 1.6l in the miata. Mainly due to turbo manifolds and such. I would like to scrap the stock cast unit on the B6t I have in search of a better flowing unit. I also have a bp I was considering for a swap as well and wanted to know if the miata pieces would work for my applications reguardless of clearances with the car(should clear the engine).
      HENRY
      Fast, fun and good gas mileage. 91' Festiva(RIP) and 96' Aspire(RIP). The website is no more.

Comment

Oh... yeah the BP and Miata 1.8L are the same (both are BPs) and the same goes for the B6T and 1.6L (B6D as well) in the Miata.
        * Retired Festiva-er*
        1990 Festiva - The Once Fastest Red 1990 Festiva LX on this site! - now in more dedicated hands!
        B6T'ing since May 2002...

Disclaimer: I'm a dick, deal with it.

Comment

Working...
        X