how much power can be expected from b3 head to b6 head mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how much power can be expected from b3 head to b6 head mod

i wa swonderting if any onew the approximate hp gains one would stand to gain by using b6(old) head intake/exhaust on a b3 (old)? what was the hp on the old b6
    ?

well, to tell you the truth, thats pretty much the set up i have right now, but I'm not using the b6 intake manifold, I'm using the b3 intake and throttle body, so I'm more or less wasting the extra port volume of the head and exhaust, therefore not gaining anything. Also, the b6 head has a higher off the deck cc volume, so it will lower your compression, but you can shave 1 mm off the head at a machine shop, and it will regain some of the compression. As for performance, well, whenever i get around to putting the b6 throttle body and intake on to match the head and exhaust, I'll let everyone know how it works, but even the way it is set up now with just the head and exhaust, it runs very well and feels at the very least equal to stock.

Comment

oh ya, I guess I should mention that in order for the b6 exhaust manifold and down pipe to fit properly over the drive axle, I had to get my buddy to bend the pipe down a bit cause it was hard up against the axel

Comment

hmmm is it possible to get the DOHC version of b6 head i.e I want to swap my carburated B3 engine's stock head with a b6 DOHC head? Is it possible or not???

Comment

not possible coolant passages/oil passages different. Along with the rest of the head.
          ---------------------------------------------------
          The Jester - Midwest Festiva Inc., Missouri Chapter
          ---------------------------------------------------
          BUILD'EM CHEAP, RUN'EM HARD, REPAIR'EM DAILY!

Comment

you could order a JDM front cut of the BJ mazda motor. 1.3L DOHC. I think Kia DOHC has on in his
            It's a good thing you don't read the stickies, you might of learned something.Poverty produces creativity

Comment

Working...
            X