diesel turbo on 92 festiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• diesel turbo on 92 festiva

Does anyone know if its possible. I just got one today for free an I figured if its possible I might as well get a turbo kit together. I have read in a few places that some people have done it before but I couldn't find anything on my car (92 festiva) turbo isn't big at all came off of a 4 cylinder cat engine thanks in advance for any help.

isn't big for a CAT might be way too big for a Festiva. Post up some pictures with something to compare it to. There are plenty of cheap turbos available for a 1.3l engine if this one turns out to be improperly sized. If you can get a chra number from the tag on the center section then we will know more about the turbochargers design.
    Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Oh did that come of a skid steer?
      Some people like to read fiction,I prefer to read repair manuals. Weird I know-
      Henry Ford: "Failure is the opportunity to begin again more intelligently"
      Fuseable Link Distribution Block repair link

Comment

I've seen one of those before, it's in the RHF4 series, it's close to to the RHB5 turbos like the vj14, vj11, etc. Supposedly it is a BB turbo.
        Here is some specs I found from here http://www.turbominis.co.uk/forums/i...=vt&tid=306641

VB420081 - IHI part number

AS12 - IHI spec number

Breakdown of the above number

A - type of aplication (A - Agriculture, C - Construction, V - Vehicle)

S - OEM ( S - Shibaura, Y - Yanmar, A - VM, B - Toyota, F - Subaru, I - Isuzu, L - Fiat, N - Nissan, P - JIT, Q - Diahatsu, R - Kia, T - Mitsubushi, V - Mercedes, VP - Citroen/ Peugeot)

12 - ? - Engine / Mode/ capacityl perhaps?

The above information directly relates to the following

RHF4-46001P8.5NHBRL323CAZ - IHI build spec number

RH - Compressor rotation/ housing - RH - Clockwise/ Right handed

F - Model generation

4 - Core size

4600 - 46mm Turbine inducer tip width

1 - ?

P8.5 - A/R (Metric, divide by 25.4 for comparable imperial A/R figures = 0.33)

BRL - Compressor wheel Back Rake 'Back Rake Large' (angle of the exducer blades)

32 - 32mm compressor housing inlet

3 -?

CAZ - ?

Comment

Of course its possible. .....maybe not logical depending on the turbo. But. Possible.

Comment

Seems nice and small. If its actually ball bearing it would probably be great for boosting a B series. Probably came on a pretty small engine.
            91GL BP/F3A with boost
            13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

you think it would be good for the stock engine in the car because if I end up swapping it to anything itll be a vw rabbit engine

Comment

That turbo looks to be sized correctly for a stock Festiva.
                VW rabbit engine would be a waste of time in my opinion, since it makes less power than a B6D and would require more fabrication than a BP swap. If your talking mk5-up rabbit 5 cylinder then you're really looking for a project. The 9a, ABF or possibly 1.8t would be more worthwhile, but still not any better than a bpt or FE3. I built VWs for two decades, have access to every possible VW engine, and my Festiva has a B6t if that tells you anything.

EDIT: Unless your talking rabbit diesel, thats legit. I have an old BAE/ rajay turbo system (stage1) for a rabbit1.6 diesel I'd sell.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 01-24-2014, 12:57 PM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

The reason I'm wanting to do the diesel swap is better gas mileage ( as if 42 isn't good enough) and also I think it would be funny since I live in a town where it's nothing but diesel trucks to blow smoke on them.

Comment

Working...
                  X