• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cracked head.

Comment

Originally posted by dalebwilson View Post
      Aaron:

I had lots of coolant and water in my exhaust system from a previous head gasket leak. It took a while to burn all that off. It will take some time to burn the solvents off as well. Did you change your oil before starting it up?
      You're right, Dale. My exhaust is absolutely filthy with oil and blue Engine Restore fluid. I hooked up my shop vac to the tailpipe and noticed a ridiculous amount of residue coming out. It could well be that the smoke is bluish as a result of the piston soak fluid in the exhaust. It's a shame there's no easy way to clean out the inside of an exhaust system because I suspect my resonator, cat, and muffler are all absolutely saturated in gunk right now.

Oil change is done, and I also re-torqued the cylinder head bolts just in case. They were still pretty tight but not perfect. I still had a bit of air left to bleed out of the system, but hopefully that's all done now.

Originally posted by jimdigs View Post
      cracked head.
      Yes this is certainly my fear. Here's hoping we're both wrong though. Will do the leakdown and compression testing over the next couple of days and keep you all posted.
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

All finished! Must have been the residual air in the coolant system and the cylinder head bolt torque being slightly off. I took her for a half hour spin and she smokes less and less the more I drive her. Just have to go over all of the bolts to ensure things are tight and true, hook up the gauges, and blow up the tires.

Comment

Sounds like you're finally making progress with it buddy, i hope it fully clears up for you!!

1988 323 Station Wagon - KLG4 swapped
          1988 323 GT - B6T Powered
          2008 Ford Escape - Rollover Survivor

1990 Festiva - First Ever Completed KLZE swap (SOLD)

If no one from the future stops you from doing it, how bad of a decision can it really be?

Comment

Originally posted by Damkid View Post
            Sounds like you're finally making progress with it buddy, i hope it fully clears up for you!!
            Finally indeed. Thanks much, DK!

Comment

Happy for you Aaron!
              "Fred" 93 Festiva L B6-ME Swap
              “Though he is small, he is but fierce.”

Comment

Working...
              X