White smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• White smoke?

Alright i have a 91 ford festiva 1.3 5speed it has 220,000 miles on it and runs really good. The other day i had a hydraulic lifter collapse on me and it was making some loud racket. I put my new one's in today and started it back up and it is quiet as a mouse but now i have a new problem. I noticed the car was smoking white out the exhaust which it had never done before. It kinda smell's like coolant but it is very faint. I did have to remove my throttle body to remove and the valve cover and i had ripped my throttle body gasket a little bit, I went ahead an put it back together since it was only torn in that one spot. MY question is on these car's i know have coolant running to the throttle body which this is the side the gasket ripped on, could coolant be leaking into the intake and making it smoke?

Im pretty sure the coolant passages are sealed I don't recall leaking any coolant last time I had mt tb off but it's been a while!
    Hope some one will chime in.

Comment

It absolutely could well be. I personally use high heat RTV silicone in lieu of a throttle body gasket since the B6T ones aren't easy to come by.
      1988 Chevy Sprint Turbo 997cc

Comment

Working...
      X