festiva dizzy on a b6d swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• festiva dizzy on a b6d swap

I was looking to see if anyone had info on the adapter needed to run the festiva dizzy on the b6d?
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

If the B6D is the 16 valve SOHC it seems to me that the dizzies are same as EFI Festy B3 1990-1993. I scavenged a dizzie off a wrecked MX3 couple of years ago because it was $10, brand spanking new and looked to be identical to what I have on my cars.

Comment

Dual cam.
      Fast....Women are fast
      Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

I think one ear will line up. Just a timing light, should be all you need. Makes me wonder about the rotor being able to face three ways.
        -Greg
        Euro-bprt...WORLDS FASTEST FESTIVA !!! 11.78@115.9
        BP, G trans, Megasquirt/ 550cc inj. t3/t3 (tbird) Garrett, REAR TURBO!!!! AND AC!!!!
        Redneck Engineer
        FOTY - '09
        5x Festiva Madness Attendee...FM 3,4,5,6,8
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpCZ7...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vU_eX...9Pwqw-oe8s2OYQ

Comment

I was reading. Advanceddynamix and someone else made an adapter I guess. Gonna see if he chimes in with what they did.
          Fast....Women are fast
          Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Just wire the thing like it were a b6t and use the b6d disty.
            its super easy and then you know its running to its full potential.

Comment

Five wires inside and three under hood ! Really easy .
              New build on the way .

Comment

I have the tracer ecu to run it all though. Is that ok?
                Fast....Women are fast
                Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

No ! Us the b6d stuff ECM and vaf and distributor and wiring harness .
                  It's really not that bad . Just follow Chris rummels wiring write up .
                  New build on the way .

Comment

Wait. They said festy harness, wire the injector plugs. Use the tracer ecm.
                    Fast....Women are fast
                    Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

And tracer vaf
                      Fast....Women are fast
                      Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Use what ever you want bro .
                        I was simply saying mercury Capri harness is very easy , a couple wires and it runs like it's supposed to . Tried and proven to work method . The tracer b3 stuff has not yet been proven . Last I read it was still in testing .
                        I hope you find out it works and all goes well for you !
                        New build on the way .

Comment

Ooh. Got you. I thought you were saying it Doesnt work.

I guess if the stuff I have gets me by for a month till I can get the b6 stuff I'll use it. I'll start searching for the harness and stuff now. Thnx.
                          Fast....Women are fast
                          Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

You can get away with milling a couple thousandths of the bottom of the cap that the dissy sits in, and use it to clamp the dissy. No adapter needed. The b6d runs awesome with festiva harness and ecu and vaf. Dragonhealer dyno tuned his and found no benefit in a miata vaf, in fact we think the two parts are nearly identical. He only made like 110hp I think, but the engine he used is pretty junk, it's got 2 really bad holes. It was just an experiment and a way to get the car running again after the b3 blew up. Also, note that his car is autotragic.
                            Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-18-2014, 11:14 AM.
                            Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Also note, he used miata injectors.
                              Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

Working...
                              X