No announcement yet.

festiva dizzy on a b6d swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mine is an automatic as well. Stock festi trans. I have the b6d injector clips soldered on the festiva harness. And using the stock b6d injectors.

So the stock festiva ecu works? Hmmm. Thats good news, thats a step I can eliminate.
    Fast....Women are fast
    Quick...Nestle is quick

I Speak French....in German! lol.

Comment

Problem is the fuel and ignition mapping is gonna be for a b3. Your rev limit is gonna be lower. You're gonna be running. Just not as well as you could be.
      91GL BP/F3A with boost
      13.79 @ 100, 2.2 60' on 8 psi and 155R12's

Comment

Actually the fuel and ignition curves are nearly spot on. With the Capri manifold, the TQ curve of the b6d mimics a b3 TQ curve, just more of it. The rev limiter is also appropriate as the b6d with the Capri manifold makes peak TQ around 5500-5800 rpm. Peak HP is under the B3 ecu rev limit. The B3 ECU has no issue fueling a b6 with the proper injectors.
        Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-18-2014, 05:56 PM.
        Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

So the only issue is the dizzy mounting ? What's the cure here . More details . Let's get this nailed down .
          New build on the way .

Comment

I'm with shadetree!!

I have both the festiva and the old tracer ecm. I will try both and see what makes what difference!
            Fast....Women are fast
            Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

We just made a thin aluminum plate to mount the B3 dist in the B61P (Miata 1600 twin cam) but Advancedynamix solution is
              way easier, you don't need to sand much off the upper clamp casting to hold it firmly! maybe .003 to .005 inch. Oh, the
              drive notch in the cam is out like 80 deg. or so....
              No car too fast !

Comment

Originally posted by shadetree View Post
                So the only issue is the dizzy mounting ? What's the cure here . More details . Let's get this nailed down .
                Shave a few thou off the cam cap that holds the dissy (not really a cam cap I guess) and put sealer under it when you bolt it on. Leave it loose slide the dissy in (what you should do anyway on these engines) put the valve cover on and tighten with sealer in the corners of the gasket and set base timing to 14-16 degrees btdc. tighten two bolts on cam cap to lock dissy in place and your done. Simple as that. Miata injectors plug into a stock festiva harness (not an 89 auto harness though).

You'll need to extend the idle valve wiring because the b6d valve is on the other side and then you'll have to re route some hoses and modify the engine mount. This is a very simple engine swap and it runs awesome.
                Last edited by Advancedynamix; 02-18-2014, 10:39 PM.
                Driving for me is neither a right nor a privilege. Driving is my passion, as it was for the people who invented the automobile, the people who paved the first roads and the people who continue to improve the automobile. Please respect this passion.

Comment

This is what Dragonhealer did for a motor mount, this is a stock automatic 91 festiva named "trash wagon". I think he did the 3/4" spacers behind the stock b3 bracket and then cut the mount in 2 and welded in this plate. He used a bad Miata 1.6 he had laying around (he builds spec and street stock miata race cars). It seems to be working excellent because he drives this thing like it was stolen and nothing has fallen off yet.

Comment

I have custom mounts coming in ;-)
                    The festi dizzy fits fine, its just a really tight squeeze.
                    Fast....Women are fast
                    Quick...Nestle is quick

Comment

Working...
                    X